Webpage of Christos Saroglou
Department of Mathematics
800 E. Summit St., Kent, OH 44240
Office: MSB 337
Convex Geometry, Functional Analysis, Geometric Probability, Isoperimetric Inequalities
1. Characterizations of extremals for some functionals on convex bodies, Canad. J. Math., 62 (2010), 1404-1418. pdf
2. Volumes of projection bodies of some classes of convex bodies, Mathematika, 57 (2011), 329-353. pdf
3. Minimal surface area position of a convex body is not always an M-position, Israel J. Math., 195 (2013), 631-645. pdf
4. Comparing the M-position with some classical position of convex bodies (joint work with E. Markessinis and G. Paouris),Math. Proc. Cambridge Philos. Soc., 152 (2011), 131-152. pdf
5. Shadow systems: remarks and extensions, Arch. Math., 100 (2013), 389-399. pdf
6. Remarks on the conjectured log-Brunn-Minkowski inequality, Geom. Dedicata, 177 (2015), 353-365. pdf
7. On the shape of a convex body with respect to its second projection body, Adv. in Appl. Math., 67 (2015), 55-74. pdf
8. On the equivalence between two problems of asymmetry on convex bodies, Disc. Comput. Geom., 54 (2015), 573-585. pdf
9. More on logarithmic sums of convex bodies, Mathematika, 62 (2016), 818-841. pdf
10. Characterization of simplices via the bezout inequality for mixed volumes (joint work with I. Soprunov and A. Zvavitch), Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 144 (12) (2016), 5333-5340. pdf
11. Iterations of the projection body operator and a remark on Petty's conjectured projection inequality (joint work with A. Zvavitch), J. Func. Anal., 272 (2) (2017), 613-630. pdf
12. Estimating volume and surface area of a convex body via its projections or sections (joint work with A. Koldobsky and A. Zvavitch), 2016, submitted. pdf
13. Star bodies with completely symmetric sections (joint work with S. Myroschnychenko and D. Ryabogin), IMRN, rnx211 (2017), https://doi.org/10.1093/imrn/rnx211 . pdf
Recent and upcoming conferences
Recent Advances in Discrete and Analytic Aspects of Convexity May, BIRS, Alberta, Canada 21-26, 2017.
Infinite Dimensional Analysis, in honor of Richard Aron, Kent State University, October 28-30, 2016.
Perspectives in Integral Geometry, Unversity of Georgia, Athens, GA, May 30-June 3, 2016.
Conference on Functional Analysis in Honour of Nicole Tomczak-Jaegermann, to be held at the University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada, May 16- 20, 2016.
Special session on "Convexity and Harmonic Analysis" at the AMS Sectional Meeting at North Dakota State University in Fargo, North Dakota, on April 16-17, 2016.
Informal Analysis Seminar, April 30-May 1, 2016, Kent State University, Kent, OH.
"Convex Geometry and its Applications", 12/06-12/12, 2015, Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, Germany.
Informal Analysis Seminar, November 14-15, 2015, Kent State University, Kent, OH.
"Analytic and Probabilistic Techniques in Modern Convex Geometry", November 7-9, 2015, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO.
CBMS Regional Conference in the Mathematical Sciences-"Introduction to the Theory of Valuations and Convex Sets'', August 10-15, 2015, Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA.
Informal Analysis and Probability Seminar, 10/17 - 10/19, 2014, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.
"Geometric Tomography and Harmonic Analysis", 03/09-14/09, 2014, Banff International Reasearch Center, Alberta, Canada (BIRS).
Fall Central Sectional Meeting Washington University, Special Session on Convex Geometry and its Applications, 10/18-10/20, 2015, St. Louis, MO.
ISF Workshop on "Interactions between Asymptotic Geometric Analysis and Mathematical Physics", Eilat and Technion, Israel, 05/03-05/10, 2012.
Spring 2017: Functions of real variable I (at Kent State University).
Spring 2017: Introduction to Analysis II (at Kent State University).
Fall 2016: Analytic Geometry and Calculus III (at Kent State University).
Spring 2016: Analytic Geometry and Calculus II (at Kent State University).
Fall 2015: Analytic Geometry and Calculus I (at Kent State University).
Summer 2015: Differential Equations (at Texas A&M University).
Spring 2015: Engineering Mathematics II (Calculus II) (at Texas A&M University).
Spring 2014: Engineering Mathematics II (Calculus II) (at Texas A&M University).
Spring 2013: Engineering Mathematics II (Calculus II) (at Texas A&M University).