the-landing-digest      Tuesday, January 26 1999      Volume 02 : Number 005

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  now we're officially official!          [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 02:57:10 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: now we're officially official!

_subjects_
Hey everyone, i've gotten the OKAY from Matt mitchell (mr.
www.squirrelnutzippers.com) to try to lure everyone from the existing SNZ
list at Listbot to here.

So get ready for some real messages!

AND...welcome Miss Courtney Knopf...Sultraness of Swing...who will enchant
us with her wild Hollywood stories and keep us up to date with ACTUAL
swinging news.

Jess
          *      --+-READ THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
          http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #5
*******************************

the-landing-digest     Wednesday, January 27 1999     Volume 02 : Number 006

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  SNZ screen saver!                       [Jessica Brandt ]
  ta-dah!                                   [Blue Green Olga ]
  Re: ta-dah!                                            [ProfPlum97@aol.com]

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 01:08:20 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: SNZ screen saver!

_subjects_
hey i don't know how many of you knew of this already, but you can get an
SNZ screen saver at

http://www.sessionsatwest54th.com/oct18/sessions.html

i don't know what it looks like but thought you might want to try it.

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 22:49:12 -0800
From: Blue Green Olga
Subject: ta-dah!

_subjects_
last time i sent this, it bounced. let's hope it works this time.

well, after an introduction like that from Jess, i don't know how i can
live up to all of your expectations of me.

But here goes!

I'm 20, I live in Los Angeles, CA and I'm a Junior (or sophomore if you
talk to my academic counselor, but please don't) at USC. I'm currently a

film major, but i'm in the process of switching over to the Music
Industry major because I have designs to run my own record label one
day. On that note, I also have a radio show at KSCR called "Swing and
the Single Girl" that's an eclectic mix of new swing, old swing, jazz,
lounge and indie rock and popstuff i love. and what better way to start
off this list by letting you all know that YOU can listen to it LIVE on
the web if you are in possession of Real Audio. Tune in to
http://kscr.usc.edu every tuesday night (that's today!!) from 12-4am
PST. feel free to call in and request stuff at 213.740.1483 and I'll try

to get it on for you.

since I live in L.A., i focus mostly on live events going on around
town, but since i do have connections in other cities (NYC, Miami, SF),
i try to encompass as much as i can about the scene since i know people
are listening from all over.

and since this is a SNZ list, i must forever extend those elusive "mad
props" (or is it "big ups"?) to Andrew Paynter and Taylor Mayo at
Mammoth for being so damn accommodating and sending me free Zippers
stuff all the time. if only everyone else in the record industry was as
nice as them.

okay, that's it.

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"I fold like a cheap hooker who got hit in the stomach by a fat guy with

sores on his face."

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 01:52:30 EST
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com
Subject: Re: ta-dah!

_subjects_
Nice to meet you. I love getting Email.  i am a soft-o-more  going into art
here at SC, (haven't applied though...ooppsie)   and I have nothing else
interesting to say. I will try to tune in but i will more than likely fall
asleep. pesky school.
- -ARIEL

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #6
*******************************

the-landing-digest     Thursday, January 28 1999     Volume 02 : Number 007

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: ta-dah!  ["This tape will self-destructo in five seconds." ]

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:26:45 -0500
From: "This tape will self-destructo in five seconds."

_subjects_
Blue Green Olga wrote:
> and since this is a SNZ list, i must forever extend those elusive "mad
> props" (or is it "big ups"?) to Andrew Paynter and Taylor Mayo at
> Mammoth for being so damn accommodating and sending me free Zippers
> stuff all the time. if only everyone else in the record industry was as
> nice as them.

How do you do THAT?!

PETER DESTRUCTO
the ghost quasar: http://destructo.cjb.net
new-- Space Ghost Coast to Coast CD (Limited Edition) MP3s! Up now!
"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" -H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers,
1927

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:32:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Aaron Morris
Subject: [none]

Hello folks,
     Hi, I am a sophomore at Kent State University with Jess and just
thought I would let everyo9ne know that I downloaded that screensaver
she spoke of and it is pretty good.  It is not very complicated but it
IS  the only SNZ saver I have ever seen, so you should all get it.
Ok, talk to you later.

Aaron

==
Mediocrity:  It takes a lot less time and most people won't notice the difference until it's too late.

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #7
*******************************

the-landing-digest      Friday, January 29 1999      Volume 02 : Number 008

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Yo all                                                 [Emaline555@aol.com]
  re: ta-dah!                               [Blue Green Olga ]
  Newport Jazz Festival                 ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: Newport Jazz Festival                              [ProfPlum97@aol.com]

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 15:42:14 EST
From: Emaline555@aol.com
Subject: Yo all

Hey everyone,

Jess and Aaron, good to see you again.  :)

Jess:  good work! thanks for solving the "digesting problem."

My friend went down to Miami U (it's in Ohio) last weekend and she picked me
up one of those SNZ postcards with "Win an autographed banjo!" on it. It's
very pretty...it has now become the bookmark for the answer section in the
back of my Acc. Physics book.  :)

Hey, I might be able to get a free banjo out of this.

It turns out that one of my anal-as-crap teachers like the Squirrel Nut
Monkeys. Who woulda thunkit. I think if i look real hard, i might be able to
see my teacher's good side. Oh, i already did. I'm cruel and evil.  :)

I'm sorry, I wish i had more SNZ info for you. But that's what the "SNZ master
of the universe" is for.  :)

Swing on
Emily

"Today after school my friends and I went to
the mall. it was so much fun!"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 18:39:15 -0800
From: Blue Green Olga

Blue Green Olga wrote:
> and since this is a SNZ list, i must forever extend those elusive "mad

> props" (or is it "big ups"?) to Andrew Paynter and Taylor Mayo at
> Mammoth for being so damn accommodating and sending me free Zippers
> stuff all the time. if only everyone else in the record industry was
as
> nice as them.

How do you do THAT?!

well, it's all thanks to college radio and the various 'zines I write
music reviews for (hint hint -- Read the Shrub!). God bless free swag.

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"Would you call me shallow?"
"No, not to your face."

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:38:55 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: Newport Jazz Festival

This was great..........  WOW!!!!!!

If you haven't seen it - you should.  Louis Armstrong set the place on
fire - he's the MASTER!!! Satchmo.... enough said.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:43:02 EST
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com
Subject: Re: Newport Jazz Festival

In a message dated 1/28/99 7:41:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rms573@hotmail.com writes:

<< This was great..........  WOW!!!!!!

 If you haven't seen it - you should.  Louis Armstrong set the place on
 fire - he's the MASTER!!! Satchmo.... enough said.

What what?  Now look here, what are you talking about, I say, what are you
talking about boy?

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #8
*******************************

the-landing-digest     Saturday, January 30 1999     Volume 02 : Number 009

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: Newport Jazz                        [Jessica Brandt ]
  The Fish Slapping Dance                                [Abednego83@aol.com]
  Re: Newport Jazz Festival             ["Ryan Sargent" ]

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 16:54:09 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: Re: Newport Jazz

If y'all would have been paying attention to the TV listings last week
(hehe), you'd have noticed my total favorite pick for the week was the 1958
Newport Jazz Festival on BRAVO. Very cool, I hoped everyone who has bravo
got to watch it.

if you missed it, you can still catch it saturday at 6 PM and Sunday at
12:30 (but i think it might be on earlier, so check your listings
please!)Also, after that on both days is "The Church of St. Coltrane"
which, from what I saw, looked cool. I'll be taping it this weekend.

but i know a lot of you DON'T have  Bravo, let alone cable, so here's a
little rundown of the show:

In color (1958! go figure!), it was a really nicely done overview of the
festival, showing the audience and the area around Newport (maine? mass.?
new england...) with some really cool shots of the bay. Highlights of the
show, were of course Louis Armstrong, and a really rousing song by "Big
Maybelle," a kickass piano ditty by THELONIUS MONK, some spiffy vibraphone
work by ....methins Gerry Mulligan (??) and a bunch of drunk white kids
dancing on a rooftop.

Hope y'all get to see it. Maybe one of our friends can tape it for us...

Jess
PS: Emily, my bookmark for MOBY DICK and all of my English class was an SNZ
bookmark that i got from the first time i saw them. Rock!

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:09:30 EST
From: Abednego83@aol.com
Subject: The Fish Slapping Dance

All -

Hey! I made the list!!! I've checked out the Church of Coltrane special before
and it's awesome! If any of you are fairly religious - you may rven be
persuaded to believe that John Coltrane should be rightfully deemed a saint...
It's amazing~!

Done With my First Pot on THE LANDING,
=Jason=

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:54:25 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"

>What what?  Now look here, what are you talking about, I say, what are
you
>talking about boy?

the 1953 newport jazz festible (jazz on a summers day)

End of the-landing-digest V2 #9