Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 11:53:35 -0400
From: Dishon Gerald Robert
Subject: my 2 cents

I posted a question concerning the goings-on of late in the SNZ forum at
www.mammoth.com  ; the web-head there (Kerry)
seems to be in the know, and will hopefully post back within the next
couple of days.

Now that my pulse has dropped back to near-normal levels, I need some
breakfast.

Gerald

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 12:12:54 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: whoo

so how did everyone survive that whole thing?

They're NOT breaking up, and I hope everyone heard the news and understands
what's going on.

they know they've got too good of a thing going to break up forever, so
just keep supporting them and letting the world know how mugh we love them.

Just remember, Ken was really upset and he sort of jumped the gun by
posting that. Now he's in a bit of hot water for it. It kind of sucks how
the companies treat bands like corporations and not like PEOPLE.

Hey, did everyone who gets the digest get a version yesterday evening? I
tried sending out a version in the afternoon, and I got it, but i'm not
sure if it got out to everyone.

Please, if you get the digest, someone mail me and let me know if you got
an early version yesterday (with some tour dates for the Jazz Squad). if
not, i will re-send the whole thing.

Thanks
Jess
          *      --+-READ THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
          http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:17:02 +0000
From: "SHAUN SMAKAL"
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #80

Ohhhhhhhhh poooooooop!  I aint gonna think about it.
Damn!  there goes any chance of doin well on the finals.

right now even the Immortal CD can't take away the thoughts of tryin'
to live without fresh SNZ!
smakal

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 15:41:51 -0400
From: "Justin Montanino"
Subject: suits are picking up the bill

Hi all, does anyone have (or know where I can find) an MP3 (or an AIFF) of
"Suits Are Picking Up The Bill." I already own the CD so please no one yell
about ripping off the band or anything. I want to use the song in a video
project for school so I just need to get it in some sort of
computer-format.

Thanks in advance
Justin

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 16:38:24 -0400
From: "Matty J."
Subject: Re: suits are picking up the bill

Do you not know how to make your own mp3s from CD? It's as easy as
putting in a CD into your CDROM drive and using first a CD ripping
utility, and then an mp3 encoder. If this is too much trouble, I could
send you it. I have all my SNZ CDs in mp3 format, and I even have both
the promo edit (shorter) and dust brothers edit (techno) of Suits. lemme
know.

Matt

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 13:38:47 -0700
From: "Tyler Adams"

Ummm...if you have the CD then you can just rip your own MP3.  Go to the
software section at http://www.acidsounds.net to get the low down on what to
do this with.  If you can't/don't want to figure this out, you can search
for MP3's at http://www.acidsearch.com and you oughta be able to find it.
In the future, I would like to discourage requests for MP3's on this and
mailing lists/newsgroups in general.  This one I didn't mind, but I'm on a
newsgroup for my favorite radio station, and it always makes me mad when
somebody asks for such-snd-such MP3.  Just go search for it! It's so easy!
Please don't take any personal offense Justin.  It's really just easy enough
to find MP3's on your own without having to bother people with the request.
Bother mindless machines instead!  Also, some people are opposed to the idea
of MP3 trading I can see that Justing knows this from his statement "I
already own the CD so please no one yell about ripping off the band or
anything".  And that's just what has happened in the past on SNZ mailing
lists when somebody asked for an MP3.  So let's try not to start an
argument.
Happy searching!

Out,

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 13:46:28 -0700
From: "Tyler Adams"

Doggone it. Matt beat me to it.  Just to add one more thing:
There are programs available now that reduce the MP3 making process to one
step.  I *highly* recommend AudioCatalyst.  It's one step point and click
and is very fast and good quality. It won't bother you with the technical
aspects (unless you want it to), but you'll still get a high quality MP3. I
think you can download a free verion at www.acidsounds.com

Out,

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:36:23 +0000
From: "SHAUN SMAKAL"
Subject: why they bein' sued?

Why they bein' sued?  Is it the candy company?

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:09:06 -0700
From: Matt Akin

Go to the website http://www.mp3.com
from there you can download various rippers and encoders so you can make your
own MP3s... have fun doing it :)

Matt
"the local computer nut"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 03:05:49 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: bounce

for some reason, Tom's (riskybiz@ameritech.net) note to the landing
bounced, so here what he had to say:

"Damn Lawyers! - This is and remains my favorite
band form a 39 former DJ who now spends time
helping to defend hospitals against lawsuits!!!

And I've been clamoring like a teenager to get
autographs from the entire band on their picture
or postcard - Wrote to Kathleen through Mammoth  -
didn't even get a form letter. Any suggestions  -
w/o them my SNZ shrine is like Buddha without a
belly!

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #81
********************************

the-landing-digest       Monday, April 19 1999       Volume 02 : Number 082

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: bounce                                             [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  SoCal Swing Night!                                     [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  Spring Fling                                     [Matt Akin ]
  Re: TV for April 12-18            [bob pigeon ]
  Re: Jump Little Children          [bob pigeon ]
  Re: TV for April 12-18                                 [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  Re: suits are picking up the bill                      [Dragoon716@aol.com]
  Re: jazz squad dates              [bob pigeon ]

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 04:28:08 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com
Subject: Re: bounce

hmm well Kathleen probably objects to getting mail since there is no kathleen
in SNZ ;)
- -Gats is being a smartass again

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 04:36:01 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com
Subject: SoCal Swing Night!

For all you lucky ducks in SoCal!

The USC Dancing Club and The USC Ballroom & Latin Team proudly present...

SC Swing Night
 Indigo Swing
 and
The Bill Elliott Swing Orchestra
( a benefit for the USC Partner Dancing Programs)

Friday, April 30, 1999
USC Campus
7:00 Doors Open
7:30-8:30  Swing Dance Lesson with Rusty and Peter
9:00-1:00  Live Music

Tickets:  213/740-GOSC
$13 pre-sale
$15 at the door
Tickets will also be on sale at the Hollywood Athletic Club Tuesday
nights and all dance team and club practices.

Huge Floor!  All Ages!  Full shows from both bands!
Dance Contest:  Prizes TBA, please watch the web page.

For more information, please see our web page...
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~scbddance

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 13:55:31 -0700
From: Matt Akin
Subject: Spring Fling

Hehehe... speaking of schools and swing... my school has this thing called
spring fling (basically a big drunken party)... anyhow... the theme for this
year is swing fling, having a few swing bands comming in, the one really
kicks some major butt! (the name of the group is Jump City, if you ever come
to milwaukee, check em out!)

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:18:42 -0700
From: bob pigeon
Subject: Re: TV for April 12-18

At 12:21 PM 4/12/99 -0500, Jacob A Storbeck wrote:
>I sympathize brother.  I've never had cable.

isn't that empathy?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:32:30 -0700
From: bob pigeon
Subject: Re: Jump Little Children

>hi again. it's just me. i was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the band
>Jump Little Children? I went to app-state last year in boone, nc where i
>discovered them. in all actuality, i was also just introduced to snz last
>year when i lived up there. i had not been familiar with the whole chapel
>hill-raleigh-etc. array of bands that came out of those places, but when i
>went to school up there, i was quickly enlightened.

my friend saw "jump little children" when she went to see a band...i forget
who, but some bigname and she said she enjoyed JLC a lot more...

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:50:51 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com

In a message dated 4/18/99 1:21:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
sid-vicious@mindspring.com writes:

<< At 12:21 PM 4/12/99 -0500, Jacob A Storbeck wrote:
 >I sympathize brother.  I've never had cable.

 isn't that empathy?>>

Commiserate, even...
Exit. Stage right..

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 17:14:52 EDT
From: Dragoon716@aol.com

woah, I would love the dust brothers remix of suits.  hmmmmm, I can't wait!

se

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 20:06:16 -0700
From: bob pigeon
Subject: Re: jazz squad dates

>  6/7/1999       Mon      New York, NY      Bowery Ballroom

that's so not fair!!!  why does anyone play at 21+ places, and why do they
even exist?  how can they try and keep minors away from music?  that's so
not fair!!!

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #82
********************************

the-landing-digest       Tuesday, April 20 1999       Volume 02 : Number 083

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  get me away from here i'm dying, sing me a song to set me free  [Dig that ]
  tv                                      [Jessica Brandt ]
  correction                           [Dig that crazy chick ]
  Re: get me away from here i'm dying, sing me a song to set me free  [bob p]
  bff                                                     [CHAMICLOV@aol.com]

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 02:16:00 -0700
From: Dig that crazy chick
Subject: get me away from here i'm dying, sing me a song to set me free

I hate the new Fountains of Wayne song. just thought y'all needed to
know that.

> Subject: SoCal Swing Night!

yes, go. we need the money. plus both bands are great. but of the
conflicts. why must my dear JUDE decide to play at the Greek that night
too?! i weep with indecision.oh yeah, and about tickets for this event
being available at the HAC every tuesday night, this is tentative, as
Heidi has run into problems with the HAC owners yet AGAIN, so the show
with BTO on the 27th is cancelled and i'm unsure about Candye Kane on
the 20th.

> woah, I would love the dust brothers remix of suits.  hmmmmm, I can't
> wait!

what now? I'm interning at the Dust Brothers' label this summer and now
my curiousity is piqued. also, the label (alternately known as
Ideal/Nickebag/Hi Ho) has some great acts like Creeper Lagoon and April
March *and* thier distribution is through Mammoth. see, there's your
snz-tent for the day.

> that's so not fair!!!  why does anyone play at 21+ places, and why do
> they
> even exist?  how can they try and keep minors away from music?  that's
> so
> not fair!!!

it's not about keeping minors away and it's not about being fair. it's
about making money.  the bar generates upwards of 50% of the money that
a club makes, therefore the 21+ crowd is much more important to a club's
profit margin. so there you have it. now the real question is, do you
bide your time until 21 with patience or do you get out there and find
yourself a good fake ID?

you make the call.

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"If I tell you, there will be drama. Like, not-funny 'Roseanne' drama."
- --
*************
ICQ: 24901402
AOL IM: CourtSpork
Laugh until you wet yourself; read The Shrubbery.
http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com
Listen to my radio show, "Swing and the Single Girl" every Tuesday night
from 12-4am PST live in Real Audio at http://kscr.usc.edu.
*************

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:38:52 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: tv

Here's your TV. i watched 120 mins yesterday and there were no Zippers to
be seen, although i missed the first 10 minutes (when the new BFF video was
on)

As suual, all times eastern, *****is pick to click, and check out
www.rockontv.com for updates and questions.

MONDAY APRIL 19
nothing

TUESDAY APRIL 20
none

WEDNESDAY APRIL 21
5 pm on VH1 (best of hard rock live) 2 songs from Brian Setzer, "brand New
Cadillac" and "jump Jive & wail"
8 pm on TNN (century of country) part 2 of 13, Singing Cowboys

THURSDAY APRIL 22
10 pm on TNT (tribute to Johnny cash) very cool. *****

FRIDAY APRIL 23
10 pm on VH1 (before they were rock stars) For those who care, Ben Folds Five

SATURDAY APRIL 24
9 am on CBS (this morning) a thing about zydeco, with Buckwheat Zydeco
(awesome)*****
9:05 on TMC (swingers) with BBVD
11 pm on PBS (check listings)(sessions @ w. 54) Modeski, martin & wood

SUNDAY APRIL 25
9 am on CBS (sunday morning) Wynton Marsalis celebrates the Duke *****

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:58:27 -0700
From: Dig that crazy chick
Subject: correction

whoops. i said that the BTO show at the HAC on the 27th was camcelled,
but I meant the 20th. i think Candye Kane is still on for the 27th.

and just to keep all the LA/OC Landing folks updated, Heidi Richman, who
runs the swing nights at the HAC is currently in the process of trying
to buy it along with some independent investors. that way there will be
no more cancellations like this. so you know.. go Heidi!

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition."
- --
*************

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:02:16 -0700
From: bob pigeon

>it's not about keeping minors away and it's not about being fair. it's
>about making money.  the bar generates upwards of 50% of the money that
>a club makes, therefore the 21+ crowd is much more important to a club's
>profit margin. so there you have it. now the real question is, do you
>bide your time until 21 with patience or do you get out there and find
>yourself a good fake ID?
>
>you make the call.

well i guess that makes sense...
still...

besides, i'm only 16, i can't pass for 21...

- ---
"I have a degree in being a stupid idiot"  -- Dr. Farkouh, my principal

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:34:55 EDT
From: CHAMICLOV@aol.com
Subject: bff

well i just heard the new single from bff on the radio this weekend. i think
it's called "army" or something--but anyway, it's alright, but just alright.
not all that keen on it, but it's alright. ben has a nice little solo in the
middle on the piano, but doesn't he usually? just wanted to share ;-)

~brown eyed~

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #83
********************************

the-landing-digest      Wednesday, April 21 1999      Volume 02 : Number 084

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  music stuff                                             [ElinaMalk@aol.com]
  happy stuff?                                            [ElinaMalk@aol.com]
  I'm listening to . . .                                 [Dragoon716@aol.com]
  Listening to...        [Dishon Gerald Robert ]
  MUSIC.                                ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: music stuff                   [bob pigeon ]
  Re: happy stuff?                  [bob pigeon ]
  ??SBC??                               ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  re: happy stuff and evil capitalists  [Dishon Gerald Robert ]
  Re: ??SBC??                               [Matt Fisken ]

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:29:48 EDT
From: ElinaMalk@aol.com
Subject: music stuff

so, noones said what stuff they're currently listening too lately.  And
that's always fun, so heres what I've currently got in a huge pile next to my
stereo.

The Creatures- Anima Animus (Siouxie Sioux is my idle!)

Sleater-Kinney- The Hot Rock

part of the "post-punk chronicles" compilation released by Rhino

The Nields- Gotta get over Gretta

THe Dead Milkmen- Death rides a pale cow:the ultimate collection

Pavement- Brighten the Corners

Andrew Bird's bowl of fire- Thrills

Lot's of old school REM

The Eels- beautiful freak

Joy Division- substance

that's all for now.
- -elina

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 08:54:15 EDT
From: ElinaMalk@aol.com
Subject: happy stuff?

Oh, god, I'm really depressed now.  But everything will be OK, right?
Lawyers suck, mean capitalists suck, and hte american legal system is crap.
But on a happier not, I'm going to see the Afro-Cuban All Stars.  That's
good.  And The Nields and Lucinda Williams are gonna' be a the Appel Farm
Folk Fest.  So music isn't dead yet.
- -elina

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:53:08 EDT
From: Dragoon716@aol.com
Subject: I'm listening to . . .

hmmmm, I like this game.  Here's what I've got in and around my stereo.  The
first five are presently in my cd player.  The rest are strewn about near by.

Prodigy - The Fat of the Land

Phil Collins - . . . But Seriously (I have to explain, my mother put this in
when I wasn't     				looking)

RL Latonics '97 - Eh . . . this is the a capella group I'm in, only before I
was in it.  					We're bringing back a classic
for the last concert, so I was
practicing my part along with the cd.  But our new cd's comming out
		friday, you should all get it.  I have a sick solo . . . sort
of.

Komputer - The World of Tomorrow (trance techno from England)

Adam X - Wax Trax! MasterMix volume 2 (phat techno, by one of the greats)

Smashing Pumpkins - Perfect (single)

SNZ - Hell (no explaination needed)

DJ Frankie Bones - I don't know the name of the cd, but this is Adam X's big
brother 					(techno)

DJ VinylGroover - Happyhardcore Anthems (techno)

DJ BamBam - House Blend 4: DJ BamBam's Last Pour (and more techno)

That's it for now.  What's everyone else got?

§ - Drags - §

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:05:44 -0400
From: Dishon Gerald Robert
Subject: Listening to...

In the Player:

Richard Strauss-Assorted short works (Till Eulinspegil, Don Juan, etc.)

Gershwin-Rhapsody in Blue, American in Paris

Elgar-1st symphony, Pomp & Circumstance Marches

(wow, lots of good SNZ related stuff there...)

Near the Player:

Bach-Assorted Organ works

Beatles-Various later albums (Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, Past
Masters Vol. 2, etc.)

(getting warmer...)

Lee Press-on and the Nails-Jump Swing from Hell (Big Pants Dance!
Woo-Hoo!!!)

Louis Prima Collector's Edition

Weird Al's Greatest hits, Vol. II

SNZ-Perennial Favorites

's about it...

Gerald

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:16:47 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: MUSIC.

This stuff is laying next to and in my cd player:

1- Dizzy Gillespie and the United Nation Ochestra.
2- Buena Vista Social Club.
3- The Dave Brubeck Quartet.
4- Louis Armstrong (all-stars, hot 5's & 7'S)
5- Cab Calloway.
6- Dave Tarras (Yiddish-American Klezmer Music 1925-1956)
7- Fats Waller.
8- Miles Davis.
9- Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire.
10- Squirrel Nut Zippers, PF.
*11- Hopefully Katharine Whalen's jazz squad soon.
*12- And Bowl of Fire's new album.

(I could go on forever.)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:18:48 -0700
From: bob pigeon
Subject: Re: music stuff

At 08:29 AM 4/20/99 EDT, ElinaMalk@aol.com wrote:
>so, noones said what stuff they're currently listening too lately.  And
>that's always fun, so heres what I've currently got in a huge pile next to my
>stereo.

this a cheap way to get conversation going, but fun nonetheless

louis armstrong - this is jazz 1
charles mingus - mingus three
radiohead - ok computer
radiohead - the bends
luaka bop - compilation cd

that's about it i guess

- ---

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:19:59 -0700
From: bob pigeon
Subject: Re: happy stuff?

At 08:54 AM 4/20/99 EDT, ElinaMalk@aol.com wrote:
>Oh, god, I'm really depressed now.  But everything will be OK, right?
>Lawyers suck, mean capitalists suck, and hte american legal system is crap.

i'm probably getting suspended from school because i read something about
taking lsd and taking a bath and meeting a girl at school during a read-aloud

that sucks too, right?

- ---

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 15:33:11 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: ??SBC??

Does anybody know the web address for the Squirrel brand company????
I can't seem to find them on a search, and all the links say (file
not found). I know they have an official page because i've been there
before (and by the way...the old page praised SNZ).

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:49:57 -0400
From: Dishon Gerald Robert
Subject: re: happy stuff and evil capitalists

Bob:

i'm probably getting suspended from school because i read something
about taking lsd and taking a bath and meeting a girl at school during a
read-aloud
that sucks too, right?

Naw... ever heard of Catcher in the Rye? Or most of the other books
written in the 60's.  Sex, drugs, more sex, more drugs... wow, no wonder
they banned most of it.  Cheer up.  Just remember that nearly everybody
experimented some in the 60's, and remind your teacher about it.  When
you get to college, they don't care *grin*

- -------------------------

About the Squirrel Brand stuff... this may be nothing, but I found this
on-line at
http://www.ci.cambridge.ma.us/notices/council99/990111consentorder.html

(which is a Cambridge city council site, I would deduce)

40.Report on the history of the vacant land at 210 Broadway and the
feasibility of taking by eminent this property and the
     "Squirrel Brand" property.

Hmmmm, it makes one wonder....  Is Squirrel Brand still in Cambridge?
Yes, yes they are.  At:

                 17 Boardman St, Cambridge, MA 02139-1978

                 Phone: (617)547-1481

Can anyone say, "write-in campaign?"  Just a (somewhat fiendish)
thought... lemme know...

Gerald

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:57:50 EDT
From: Dragoon716@aol.com

No way, I didn't know they were in Cambridge . . . I'll go picket the place.
or I'll call and harass them everyday.  And write mad garbage to them.  Heh
heh heh . . . the possibilities are endless . . . not that I'm evil . . .
really.
§ - Drags - §

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:19:08 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"

Tom would be proud.

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:22:42 -0400
From: Matt Fisken
Subject: Re: ??SBC??

Their official site (www.squirrelbrand.com) has been down for some time
now (maybe 6 months?). I was going to check it out to to get a phone
number to call them and be like, "what the hell are you trying to pull
here?" I'm extremely pissed because about a year and a half ago I
purchased a 25 lb case of SNZ from them and I had finished off all but
two of the 5¢ candies when I heard about the law suit. Out of spite I'm
not going to eat them; I may burn them, using lots of combustible fluids
to do it.

Matt

>Does anybody know the web address for the Squirrel brand company????
>I can't seem to find them on a search, and all the links say (file
>not found). I know they have an official page because i've been there
>before (and by the way...the old page praised SNZ).

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #84
********************************

the-landing-digest      Thursday, April 22 1999      Volume 02 : Number 085

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  heavy rotation                       [Dig that crazy chick ]
  Definitly a write in campaign.                          [ElinaMalk@aol.com]
  Music                      [Mahatma A Shazahahn ]
  fun, fun, fun...                       ["jacinda" ]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...       [Mahatma A Shazahahn ]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...                     [nicole blue ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #84            ["Chris Etzel" ]
  what i'm listening too   ["SHAUN SMAKAL" ]
  Re: Write in Campaign SOSNZ (Save Our Squirrel Nut Zippers)  [Dishon Geral]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...                                   [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  CARTOON                               ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  re: happy stuff and evil capitalists  [bob pigeon ]
  Re: Write in Campaign SOSNZ (Save Our Squirrel Nut Zippers)  [Abednego83@a]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...                                   [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  re: happy stuff and evil capitalists     [nicole blue ]
  QUE PASO.                             ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: QUE PASO.                                          [Abednego83@aol.com]
  Re: CARTOON                [Mahatma A Shazahahn ]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...       [Mahatma A Shazahahn ]
  re: happy stuff and evil capitalists  [bob pigeon ]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...                                    [CHAMICLOV@aol.com]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...                                    [CHAMICLOV@aol.com]
  JEROME.                               ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: JEROME             [Dishon Gerald Robert ]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...                     [nicole blue ]
  re: happy stuff and evil capitalists     [nicole blue ]
  three bounces                           [Jessica Brandt ]
  re: happy stuff and evil capitalists  [bob pigeon ]
  Re: happy stuff and evil capitalists  [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo]
  Re: Definitly a write in campaign.   [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Re: ??SBC??                          [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Tomatoes, Oranges, etc.              [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Re: Definitly a write in campaign.    ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: CARTOON                          [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Re: QUE PASO.                        [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Re: QUE PASO.                         ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: CARTOON                           ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: fun, fun, fun...                                    [CHAMICLOV@aol.com]
  Re: Tomatoes, Oranges, etc.                            [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  Re: Write in Campaign SOSNZ (Save Our Squirrel Nut Zippers)  [Matt Fisken ]
  Re: ??SBC??                                            [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  more bounces                            [Jessica Brandt ]
  Re: more bounces                                       [ProfPlum97@aol.com]

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 02:20:28 -0700
From: Dig that crazy chick
Subject: heavy rotation

okay, here's what's in my CD player:

Beulah - When Your Heartstrings Break
My latest aquisition. deliciously cute Apples In Stereo/Zumpano-ish pop,
but with Bacharach-y horns. possibly America's answer to Belle &
Sebastian

also making the cut:

April March - Chrominance Decoder
Arling & Cameron - All In
Air - Moon Safari
Blur - 13
Beth Orton - Central Reservation
Gomez - Bring It On
Saint Etienne - Good Humour
Afghan Whigs - 1965
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Acme
Jet Set Six - Livin' It Up
Ben Lee - Breathing Tornadoes
Creeper Lagoon - I Become Small and Go

soon to add:
Bis - Social Dancing
BFF - The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner
Fantastic Plastic Machine - Luxury

rock.

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"It's peolpe like you who make the wait for the next episode of Seinfeld
more bearable."

- --
*************

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:54:26 EDT
From: ElinaMalk@aol.com
Subject: Definitly a write in campaign.

Do ya wanna all write the same letter, print 365 copies and send one every
day or just all write owr own letters and bombard them with insults?
- -elina

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:50:25 -0500
From: Mahatma A Shazahahn

By my CD. Player

SNZ-PF

SNZ-HOT

SNZ-Christmas caravan

Bbvd-Bbvd

Next GEneration Swing

Braveheart soundtrack

Back to Titanic soundtrack

Jimi Hendrix Expirence-Electric Lady Land

Stanly Clarke-School Days
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:21:17 CDT
From: "jacinda"
Subject: fun, fun, fun...

i love talking about what kind of music i have...  i don't know why...
it's just nice to see that, even though we have somewhat different
interests, we still agree that snz's are awesome...  :-)

my music (the largely abridged version)
TORI AMOS (capitalized because i have so many of her cds), joan baez,
barenaked ladies, the beatles, bee gees, the doors, bob dylan, pink
floyd, rush, snz (duh!), joni mitchell, the murmurs, dixie chicks,
nirvana, marilyn manson (nice to listen to when in those *i hate the
world* moods), michael w. smith, the call, w.o.w. compilations from
1996-1999, bjork, brian setzer orchestra, edie brickell, the
cranberries, cake, cowboy junkies, enya, indigo girls, fleming and
john, frente, nin, wally pleasant, the who, no doubt, type o
negative, monty python, mazzy star, sarah mclachlan, L7, trio (the
*da da da volkswagen commercial song* remember...?), poe, they might
be giants, tangerine dream, the knack, smashing pumpkins, daktyl
(comprised of my brother, my uncle, my sister's ex, and a guy named
ted... pretty groovy stuff...  they broke up, though, so now it's
only my brother, my uncle, and my sister's ex...  they're looking for
a name, suggestions are welcome...)

whoa!  i think if i keep on listing my cds, this email will be about
three millions k...  i have way too many....  it's okay, though...
music is a healthy addiction, right?

btw, this is my first time posting to this list...  my name's
jacinda, in case you're wondering...  also, i love singing, playing
the guitar and piano, writing poetry, reading anything, listening to
my vast collection of cds (i think i have a short attention span as a
result of having so many cds), and talking to my dog.

okay.  i'm really going now.

faerie kisses,
~jacinda

*friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
trouble remembering how to fly*
~~A. N. Onymous
www.geocities.com/soho/Square/8987
icq #20362834

Sent by Jahoopa Free Email!
Find us on the web at http://www.jahoopa.com
Join today!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:07:29 -0500
From: Mahatma A Shazahahn
Subject: Re: fun, fun, fun...

You have christian music (micahel w smith, wow)
Yet you have marilyn manson who is extremely ani Christian.  Your either
warm or hot.  No luke warm allowed. (can't remeber which bible verse
that's from)
What's the deal Jacinda?

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:02:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: nicole blue

lets see:  indigo swing(all aboard), tom petty(echo), and of course snz
(hot) are currently in my cd player.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:24:25 +0000
From: "Chris Etzel"
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #84

<>

Lately, more and more Leon Redbone....and..of course...the Zippers. Throw
some Django in there too....

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:30:38 +0000
From: "SHAUN SMAKAL"
Subject: what i'm listening too

1)  In the player is:  JUNE!!!!  Yes, the same June from the imortal
sndtrck!  They may have broken up but the music still rocks!
2) They Might Be Giants--Severe Tire Damage.  TMBG rocks too!  These
guys are an elcletic rock band.
3)Loius Armstrong plays W.C. Handy--it even has tune ups and
interviews!
4)IMMORTAL!!!!!  Y'all know about me and the Immortal sndtrck.  If ya
find it, get it!
5)TMBG: 2cd set--Lincoln and TMBG real early TMBG.  Whole lotta weird
stuff like dial-a-song, hidden tracks, etc.....
 6)TAPE: side 1 HOT, side 2 Oh God, just forgot the name of the
Zippers first big album : (   I suck.  I remember, Inevitable!

Not in current rotation but still great:
Mighty Blue Kings (Live and Come One, Come All), 8 1/2
Souvineers-Happy Feet, Perennial Faves,lots of others.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:46:50 -0400
From: Dishon Gerald Robert
Subject: Re: Write in Campaign SOSNZ (Save Our Squirrel Nut Zippers)

Okay, so the people who wrote back about this write in campaign were for
it.  (Drags, Ryan, Elina, and by default, Matt)

Here's my idea:

Somebody sends out a mass e-mail stating the facts and asking everybody
to write in.  If everybody forwards it to whomever they think would be
interested, that would probably yield a few people who would write a
letter, and a few more who would just forward the e-mail.  BUT....

If we made it so that everybody responded back to one e-mail address,
and that person (or bot) collected the names and e-mail addresses, we
could compile a big list of everybody who supported this, and then print
out a big long list of names and mail it to the company.  OR...

IF we could find a temporary e-mail for the company, and have everybody
forward the letter there, too... heheheh... that would be good, because
as more people forwarded it, the letter would get bigger and bigger, and
eventually they would be pulling in (like) 5000 a day at about 3
kilobytes a piece (numbers are hypothetical... for now) and that would
be... ummm... 15 megs of mail a day... not to mention the fact that if
they get more than 500 unopened pieces, the mailbox will probably
crash... hahaha.

Or we could just phone them a whole lot, and be annoying.

Anyone?  Or am I just being too maniacal?

The address again, with phone #:

17 Boardman St, Cambridge, MA 02139-1978

Phone: (617)547-1481

Happy protesting... wow, I feel all empowered from this.

Gerald

P.S.:  Matt, videotape the burning and turn it into a video file of some
sort... I wanna see it.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:26:43 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com

In a message dated 4/21/99 8:06:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sherlockholmes3@juno.com writes:

<< You have christian music (micahel w smith, wow)
 Yet you have marilyn manson who is extremely ani Christian.  Your either
 warm or hot.  No luke warm allowed. (can't remeber which bible verse
 that's from)
 What's the deal Jacinda? >>

Tomatoes is tomatoes. Peoples is peoples. Musics is musics. Listen to what
you like, like what you listen to. You need to subscribe to the politics,
even if the sound is good.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:34:00 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: CARTOON

The Mickey cartoon-SNZ theme song thing, premieres Sat. May 1 on ABC,
sometime in the morning.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:40:34 -0700
From: bob pigeon

>Naw... ever heard of Catcher in the Rye?

yeah, i'm on the salinger mailing list :)

>Or most of the other books
>written in the 60's.  Sex, drugs, more sex, more drugs... wow, no wonder
>they banned most of it.  Cheer up.  Just remember that nearly everybody
>experimented some in the 60's, and remind your teacher about it.  When
>you get to college, they don't care *grin*

but it's the principal
the idealism and liberalism of former decades is dead
we're living in an 18th century world
:)

i'm not getting suspended (not yet...most likely not...) but my parents have
to go up there tomorrow

- ---

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:55:21 -0700
From: bob pigeon

At 10:07 AM 4/21/99 -0500, Mahatma A Shazahahn wrote:
>You have christian music (micahel w smith, wow)
>Yet you have marilyn manson who is extremely ani Christian.  Your either
>warm or hot.  No luke warm allowed. (can't remeber which bible verse
>that's from)

Luke 13:9

has anyone ever heard of "burlap to cashmere"?

- ---

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:55:26 EDT
From: Abednego83@aol.com

I'm game!!!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:07:15 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com

i wish i could make burlap into cashmere. it would go great with this silk
purse.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:23:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: nicole blue

> yeah, i'm on the salinger mailing list :)

i am the biggest salinger fan...what mailing list is that.  if you
don't mind me asking.
nicole

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:30:16 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: QUE PASO.

Does anybody know of any good salsa or cuban orchestra's (or
something like that, it doesn't have to be an ochestra) The Max
Wienberg 7 on Conan O'brien played a salsa song the other day, and I
loved it! (even though they only played 10 sec's of it)  I'm looking
for something with a good horn section, good percussion (cow bell's,
bongo's), and a lead trumpet (REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!), vocals are not
that important. The really high notes seem to go good with that
music. So has anyone seen any bands like that????

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:34:59 EDT
From: Abednego83@aol.com
Subject: Re: QUE PASO.

2 words - Tito Puentae(sp?)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:41:32 -0500
From: Mahatma A Shazahahn
Subject: Re: CARTOON

Oh that mickey mouse cartoon.

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:42:13 -0500
From: Mahatma A Shazahahn

Yeah Iv'e heard of burlap to cash mere.
There o.k.

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:20:27 -0700
From: bob pigeon

At 01:23 PM 4/21/99 -0700, nicole blue wrote:
>> yeah, i'm on the salinger mailing list :)
>

>i am the biggest salinger fan...what mailing list is that.  if you
>don't mind me asking.

i'm sure you're not THE biggest :)
i dunno...there's a great page, bananafish...look it up on yahoo! it has the
info on it, as well as lots of other neat stuff

isn't franny and zooey the greatest? oh man...

- ---
"The Kingdom of the heavens is like a treasure hidden in the
 field, which a man found and hid; and for the joy he has he goes
 and sells what things he has and buys that field."
                                      -- Matthew 13:44

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:21:29 -0700
From: bob pigeon

At 03:42 PM 4/21/99 -0500, Mahatma A Shazahahn wrote:
>Yeah Iv'e heard of burlap to cash mere.
>There o.k.

hee hee
they live in my neighborhood
they once played my guitars

that's it...

- ---

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:32:40 EDT
From: CHAMICLOV@aol.com

hey jacinda, were you on the real world, london? just wondering, cause i was
such a big fan of jacinda on that ;-)

~brown eyed~

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:34:53 EDT
From: CHAMICLOV@aol.com

how is the echo cd? i'm contemplating on whether to get it.

~beg~

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:42:46 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: JEROME.

Does anybody know what size strad Je uses???? I'm guessing 37 or 43.
Didn't someone on here say they knew the person who has Je's old
strad????

I'm right now memorizing the horns off LEGACY. Does anybody on this
list ever try to play SNZ songs???? (what instrument?)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:36:52 -0400
From: Dishon Gerald Robert
Subject: Re: JEROME

Yeah, my friend has Je's old Strad...

I wasn't aware that they came in different sizes... but I'm not
surprised (tubas, my instruments, come in different bore sizes; is this
what the size refers to?).

I will do some research, probably send a letter to the Squirrel Brand
asking them about e-mail, and work up some sort of SOSNZ protest plan in
the next few weeks (when not studying for finals, shudder).

Gerald

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:38:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: nicole blue

echo is good if you are a huge tom petty fan...(i am) the reason i say
this is because it is a lot different then wildflowers.  it is like his
earlier stuff.  its great.

nicole

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 15:43:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: nicole blue

yeah that book is awsome.  i never read him in high school....in my
freshman year of college (junior now) i had to do a short story tied
with some psychological thing and i did perfect day for bannana fish
and post traumatic stress disorder...

thanks for the info
nicole

- --

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:30:37 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: three bounces

<>

RE: SBC
i don't know the address but i did want to add that last august my boyfriend
and i went to the factory and they spoke so well of snz and how snz hangs out
there and they have parties there....all good.  but hey thats what lawyers are
for.

nicole

- -----------------------

<>

RE: Lawsuits

Sorry, I am new to the list, but why did  Squirrel Brand suddenly decide to
sue SNZ?  I saw what Kenny said on the official, but that is all I know
about.
	Thanks.

				beckfan!
- ------------

RE: Fun, fun, fun

<< Tomatoes is tomatoes. Peoples is peoples. Musics is musics. Listen to what
 you like, like what you listen to. You need to subscribe to the politics,
 even if the sound is good.

Correction: You need NOT subscribe to the politics

ProfPlum
- ------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:04:35 -0700
From: bob pigeon

At 03:43 PM 4/21/99 -0700, nicole blue wrote:
>yeah that book is awsome.  i never read him in high school....in my
>freshman year of college (junior now) i had to do a short story tied
>with some psychological thing and i did perfect day for bannana fish
>and post traumatic stress disorder...

hee hee
yeah, my salinger fanhood had declined a lot and i decided i should finally
read nine stories, so I took it down and read bananafish, and i don't think
i've been the same since...

but we shouldn't discuss salinger here, should we?
hahahaha

- ---

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:14:41 -0700
From: "Tyler Adams"

So far, the only place I've even heard that Squirrel Brand Co. is giving SNZ
guff is from other people.  Let's not be mean to them unless/until we have
some facts.  Does anybody konw of any press release or news story that deals
with the issue?

Out,

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:26:47 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"

>Yeah, my friend has Je's old Strad...

Is there any way that you can find out the size.

>I wasn't aware that they came in different sizes... but I'm not
>surprised (tubas, my instruments, come in different bore sizes; is
>this what the size refers to?).

Yes.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:49:25 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:49:57 -0400, you wrote:

>Naw... ever heard of Catcher in the Rye?

Raise the roof beeitch! I'm about half-way through. That's the
funniest goddamn book I've read in a while.

...and all.

We were reading it aloud in class the other day... I was cracking up
the whole time. (Especially that part about joining the army.) It's
even funnier out loud...

By the way, we were supposed to read chapters 14 and 15 and pick out
specific signs of his impending insanity in a paragraph form. I could
only find two, and I was kind of stretching it. Everything else seemed
perfectly normal... :P

- -Peter Destructo
http://members.xoom.com/pdestructo/sg - The Ghost Quasar
Space Ghost's Reviewed Links updated on Monday
Also: icons, fanfic, pictures

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:53:08 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)
Subject: Re: Definitly a write in campaign.

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 07:54:26 EDT, you wrote:

>Do ya wanna all write the same letter, print 365 copies and send one every
>day or just all write owr own letters and bombard them with insults?
>-elina

Well, make 'em constructive. I plan to tell them that if they
cooperated with SNZ they could be making so much money and friends...
who the hell cares about the Squirrel Brand Company? Nobody, unless
they first heard about the Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Alternatively, why don't they just change their name? To, maybe, the
Zippers or something.

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:54:34 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 01:22:42 -0400, you wrote:

>Their official site (www.squirrelbrand.com) has been down for some time
>now (maybe 6 months?). I was going to check it out to to get a phone
>number to call them and be like, "what the hell are you trying to pull
>here?" I'm extremely pissed because about a year and a half ago I
>purchased a 25 lb case of SNZ from them and I had finished off all but
>two of the 5¢ candies when I heard about the law suit. Out of spite I'm
>not going to eat them; I may burn them, using lots of combustible fluids
>to do it.

Um... can I have one?

I promise I'll burn it.

No, really.

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:58:05 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)
Subject: Tomatoes, Oranges, etc.

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:26:43 EDT, you wrote:

>Tomatoes is tomatoes.

Ah... but what if they're tomAHtoes? HMMM?!

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:04:11 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"

Because if they do Mammoth will sue them.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 01:59:57 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:34:00 PDT, you wrote:

>The Mickey cartoon-SNZ theme song thing, premieres Sat. May 1 on ABC,
>sometime in the morning.

Quick request:
Can someone here please videotape the show and transfer it to MP3
format? I don't get DIS, and it would be cool to have the song in a
normal music format anyway...

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 02:00:31 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:30:16 PDT, you wrote:
>Does anybody know of any good salsa or cuban orchestra's (or
>something like that, it doesn't have to be an ochestra) The Max
>Wienberg 7 on Conan O'brien played a salsa song the other day, and I
>loved it! (even though they only played 10 sec's of it)  I'm looking
>for something with a good horn section, good percussion (cow bell's,
>bongo's), and a lead trumpet (REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!), vocals are not
>that important. The really high notes seem to go good with that
>music. So has anyone seen any bands like that????

What about Bio Ritmo?

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:08:53 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"

I have heard of Bio Ritmo and love them, but that's not really what
i'm looking for. They have alot of vocals and i'm going for more
horns and percussion. I'm trying to find something like Buena Vista
social club and Ruban gonzalez with more horns and a good lead
trumpet. I do know what you are saying though...Bio Ritmo is great
(in fact, I just ordered a BR poster & sticker from thier page).

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:10:10 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"

It's on ABC...

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:09:37 EDT
From: CHAMICLOV@aol.com

earlier stuff is good....very good.....alot better than his new stuff. thanx
;-)

~beg~

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:36:54 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tomatoes, Oranges, etc.

In a message dated 4/21/99 7:01:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kobyc@softhome.net writes:

<<
 >Tomatoes is tomatoes.

 Ah... but what if they're tomAHtoes? HMMM?! >>

A tomato by any other enunciation would still taste as sweet.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:08:58 -0400
From: Matt Fisken

I agree. We don't know all the facts yet. Before we go and piss them off,
let's find out everything behind the suit.

Matt

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:43:53 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com

In a message dated 4/21/99 7:41:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kobyc@softhome.net writes:

<< >Their official site (www.squirrelbrand.com) has been down for some time
 >now (maybe 6 months?). I was going to check it out to to get a phone
 >number to call them and be like, "what the hell are you trying to pull
 >here?" I'm extremely pissed because about a year and a half ago I
 >purchased a 25 lb case of SNZ from them and I had finished off all but
 >two of the 5¢ candies when I heard about the law suit. Out of spite I'm
 >not going to eat them; I may burn them, using lots of combustible fluids
 >to do it.

 Um... can I have one?

 I promise I'll burn it.

 No, really.

 -Peter Destructo
 http://members.xoom.com/pdestructo/sg - The Ghost Quasar
 Space Ghost's Reviewed Links updated on Monday
 Also: icons, fanfic, pictures

You bought that case under the previous administration, which was cooperative
and supportive of SNZ.  So you eat those last two candies, and you remember
when everything was all right.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:36:53 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: more bounces

Okay, now i know it's the server. Sorry folks. Everything is bouncing.
- ---------------------

woimboid@aol.com said this:

try the cuban all- stars or tito puente ( very good salsa)
David Flores

- --------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 23:41:47 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com
Subject: Re: more bounces

Something's going to happen soon?

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #85
********************************

the-landing-digest       Friday, April 23 1999       Volume 02 : Number 086

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  phat mail                               [Jessica Brandt ]
  hot or cold...                         ["jacinda" ]
  RE: Write in Campaign SOSNZ (Save Our Squirrel Nut Zippers)  [Dawn Carr ]
  Re: Definitly a write in campaign.   [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Re: CARTOON                          [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Re: Tomatoes, Oranges, etc.          [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Re: phat mail                         ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: phat mail                        [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)]
  Re: SOSNZ                             ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  HOBEX.                                ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: Tomatoes, Oranges, etc.                            [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  Re: Definitly a write in campaign.                     [ProfPlum97@aol.com]
  Re: happy stuff and evil capitalists  [bob pigeon ]

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:48:07 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: phat mail

Dear lord, the Landing was huge yesterday! What, did you guys all just get
home from vacation? ;)

I'm psyched about how everyone's getting involved.

About this letter-writing thing....
I don't know all the facts, and Ken can't really say much. I've got my
feelers out and some people looking into things for me. For right now, i
say we have a tiny letter-writing campaign.

Tiny letters...like "please stop trying to sue the squirrel nut zippers."

don't call and harass them. don't send harassing mail. that has never
proven to work.

one thing that i think worked was a nice, neat letter writing and website
banner-posting thing for beinging the kids in the Hall back to Comedy
Central. i don't know if it was becaue of us or because of fate that they
came back on. But when you displayed the banner on your site, if someone
clicked on it, they would end up at a nice page detailing the situation and
had a snail-mail address as well as a guestbook-like petition for folks to
sign.

I'd be willing to host a page like this on the Landing homepage. I'd put up
a banner on The Shrub, as well. If anyone has time soon, feel free to start
making grafix or a page. If not, i'll work on it when i get back from DC on
monday.

As for what's in my CD player...uhm...the 3 main SNZ albums and the new BFF
album which i cannot stop listening to. my musical sphere is shrinking.

Ryan: Do you listen to any Maynard Ferguson? he's got HORNS...oh yes.

what's all this talk about tomatoes?

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:41:06 CDT
From: "jacinda"
Subject: hot or cold...

okay...  to start off...  no, i'm not the jacinda from road rules...
sorry to disappoint whoever asked that...  :-)

i don't want to turn this into a religious discussion, but i have a
couple of things to say, so just bear with me for a second, okay?

i don't see why someone's faith should be judged or put into question
simply because of the music they listen to.  i enjoy the beat to
manson's music...  that doesn't mean that i believe in what the words
say...  manson is one that i don't listen to for the words, but the
music, so i don't really pay attention to the vocals...  to me,
marilyn manson creates an *i'm so scared, but it's a fun-type scared*
ambience...  you know, the scared that makes movies like halloween
(the original) so much fun to watch. you can't tell me that you
aren't scared when all the lights are off really late at night and
manson comes on the radio.  :-)

now, if i were to worship marilyn manson, then that would definitely
be a no-no...  but, i don't.

see, if you really want to say that marilyn manson is bad, then you
have to be either hot or cold as well, and say that ALL secular music
is bad because it doesn't praise god...

i know i've probably offended someone, and, if that's the case, i'm
sorry...  i didn't mean to.  but, perhaps, before we comment on
what's in another person's cd player, we need to examine what's in
ours...  :-)

(oh boy!  i know the comments are going to start flying now!!!)

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:58:05 -0400
From: Dawn Carr

Ok, I'm in for whatever, but I wonder if it might be more effective we
tempered the Guerrilla tactics with a polite-yet firm- letter writing
campaign. You know, keep it reasonably upbeat and friendly to keep them from
digging in their heels and wanting to screw us back.   Just a thought.
(Though I do hope Matt will post some burning candy photos.)
Well, anyway, if there's anyone in Cambridge, they could picket the building
one afternoon.  I could hook them up with a media list and we could send out
a news release.  You know, embarrass those mofo's in their own community.
If we could get two swing dancers out there for an hour on a weekday (noon
to 1 PM) I bet we could get some of the local media to come out and cover
the story.
Let me know if anyone is interested in that sort of thing,  it's my
specialty ;)
~D.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:12:02 -0400
From: Dishon Gerald Robert
Subject: SOSNZ

Okay, here's my idea:

I'll write a letter to SBC asking them about the whole thing (scare
tactic: everybody writes and asks what's going on), and when I get a
response, I'll let you know.

At that point we have several options, outlined in a previous post.  We
can debate for a few days and see what the over-all consensus is.

- -------------------------

Gott in Himmel, there are a lot of messages in my inbox... cool.

Ryan:  Je's old Strad was a medium-large, which my friend thought was
about a 46 something.  Makes sense to have a larger bore for this type
of thing.  As a tubist, a medium large should be about 80, but that's
just because we have to push more air.  :-0

May the postal gods bless my letter.

Gerald

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:00:49 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:04:11 PDT, you wrote:
>Because if they do Mammoth will sue them.
>
>>Alternatively, why don't they just change their name? To, maybe, the
>>Zippers or something.

Why? For breach of contract?

What a mess!

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:02:40 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:10:10 PDT, you wrote:
>>Quick request:
>>Can someone here please videotape the show and transfer it to MP3
>>format? I don't get DIS, and it would be cool to have the song in a
>>normal music format anyway...
>
>It's on ABC...

Oh. Even so, though, I don't have or have access to vidcap hardware.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:03:35 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 22:36:54 EDT, you wrote:

>A tomato by any other enunciation would still taste as sweet.

What if it's sour?

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:06:07 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: Re: phat mail

YES!!!! I love Maynard. I've seen him twice at blues alley in DC. He
has one of the most solid (extreme) high notes. He signed two things
of mine. On his new cd he does a song that sounds like the opening to
"stephen foster" (only with trumpet). In fact, my trumpet teacher has
played with his Big Bop Nouveau once.

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:06:02 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:48:07 -0500, you wrote:

>I'd be willing to host a page like this on the Landing homepage. I'd put up
>a banner on The Shrub, as well. If anyone has time soon, feel free to start
>making grafix or a page. If not, i'll work on it when i get back from DC on
>monday.

If you make a banner, I'll put it on my page, but only if there's a
non-animated version.

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:10:38 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: Re: SOSNZ

I think it's a 37.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:15:07 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: HOBEX.

Greg from Hobex said this:

"if you live in the triangle, come to the cave on april 27 - i'm
doing a traditional country and gospel gig with jimbo, katherine and
stu from the zippers"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:02:32 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com

In a message dated 4/22/99 12:06:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kobyc@softhome.net writes:

<< >A tomato by any other enunciation would still taste as sweet.

 What if it's sour? >>
thats no tomato its a bloody lemon!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:05:27 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com

In a message dated 4/22/99 12:05:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kobyc@softhome.net writes:

<< On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:04:11 PDT, you wrote:
 >Because if they do Mammoth will sue them.
 >
 >>Alternatively, why don't they just change their name? To, maybe, the
 >>Zippers or something.

 Why? For breach of contract?

 What a mess! >>

They could be named "Squirrel, Not Zippers"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:32:09 -0700
From: bob pigeon

>Raise the roof beeitch!

raise high the roofbeam, carpenters

- ---

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 16:40:46 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: NPR.

Does anybody have the NPR thing with Andrew Bird????

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #86
********************************

the-landing-digest      Saturday, April 24 1999      Volume 02 : Number 087

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  DUKE.                                 ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  OLD CONAN.                            ["Ryan Sargent" ]

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:21:40 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: DUKE.

Did anyone get to see Wynton & orchestra's tribute to Duke
ellington???? They play at the kennedy center in DC on monday 26th
and when I called for tickets they were sold out. Jessica said they
were playing on CBS sunday, but it's always better live (just think
of all the trumpets...all the plunger's!!!!) If they come around your
way be sure you check 'em out.

I used to think that the DC/Baltamore area had no good music, but now
its great!!!! (list of past and future shows around here):

Squirrel nut zippers - 9:30 club, halloween.
                     - patriot center, new years.
Andrew Birds BOF - 9:30 w/zippers, halloween.
                 - Black Cat.
Kat's jazz Squad - Recher theater.
                 - The Birchmere.
Bio Ritmo - Cinco de Mayo Music Festival at Mayo Island.
          - Harborfest.
Maynard Ferguson - Blues alley, (all the time).
Wynton Marsalis Duke tribute - Kennedy center.

- -1999 International Trumpet Guild Conference.
- -Dizzy Gillespie played Blues alley (DC) all the time.

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:29:20 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: OLD CONAN.

Does anybody have the first SNZ spot on Conan O'brien???? ("lover's
lane") If so, i'm looking to trade.

End of the-landing-digest V2 #87