Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:22:49 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: re: mixing it up, NMAS, shows

You guys are coming up with some creative answers to these questions. i
especially like "five cool cucumbers and one hot dish"..but don't forget,
thate's 7 of them!! I also like the suggestion of Andrew in a dress.
however, i also see him as being rather uncomfortable with the idea, while
the other guys would be like "sounds fun!" hehe

north mississippi all stars and gutbucket are pretty much the same ban.
Gutbucket is Luther and cody dickinson with paul taylor. I think NMAS is
luther, cody and a guy named chris whose last name i can't recall.

i've got a small page on them at
www.personal.kent.edu/~jbrandt/gutbucket/gutbucket.html (which is more
about gutbucket than NMAS) and from there you can find a link to the NMAS
site which is www.nmsallstars.com

oh, and anyone see Ben Folds Five in new york on the 24th? huh? HUH?!?! i
talked to ben right after the show and he said it was their best ever cuz
they had a huge horn and strings section (horns including je, tom, and ken
btw). COLOR ME JEALOUS.

Dawn: i think you are the winner for seeing the most BOF shows! hehe for
the record, i've seen 6 SNZ shows. it's good to live in the rock 'n roll
capital of the world...

Jess

          *     --+-READ  THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
                http://www.theshrubbery.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:30:01 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: Knockdown/NMAS dates

Well if this desn't beat all...you know how much i would LOVE to see the
NMAS again, and this time WITH knockdown society? those shows have just got
to rock....

below are the dates for north mississippi all stars shows, followed by the
shows in july where they'll open for the Knockdown Society. AND I CAN'T GO
TO A SINGLE ONE!

i hope someone can...

July 8- Memphis, TN- The Deli
July 9- Jackson, MS- George St. Grocery
July 10- Jackson, MS- George St. Grocery
Following Dates opening for Jim Mathus'
Knock Down Society
July 20-Atlanta, GA- Smith's Old Bar
July 21-Athens, GA- The 40 Watt
July 22-Savannah, GA-The Velvet Elvis
July 23- Jacksonville, FLA- Jackrabbit
July 24- Orlando, FLA- Saphire Supper Club
July 26- Birmingham, ALA- The Nick
July 27- Pensacola, FLA- Sluggo's
July 28- New Orleans, LA- Howling Wolf's
July 29- Oxford, MS- Proud Larry's
July 30- Memphis, TN- The Hi-Tone
July 31- Nashville, TN- Exit Inn

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 19:14:27 +1000
From: Ryan Mooney
Subject: Introducing (choreography)

Hello, I joined a week or so back and thought I'd introduce myself,
especially as this handy question list has popped up:

Name: Ryan Mooney

Location: Canberra, Australia

Have you seen snz live?: Grrr! When I was in NY two years ago, I did the
NBC studio tour and was offered free tickets to that night's taping of
Conan.  "Who's the band?" I asked.  "Squirrel Nut Zippers", they told me,
and having never heard of the band, I decided I'd do something else.  When
I saw the show on TV that night, I saw SNZ performing "Put A Lid On It" and
instantly regretted my decision.  The next day I bought 'Hell', returned to
Australia and haven't been back since.  So, sadly, I've never seen SNZ
perform - and only on TV that once!  I've been living vicariously through
Clay Walker's multimedia extravaganzas since...

Other favorite bands:  They Might Be Giants, Pixies, TISM, a bunch of
Australian bands you've never heard of.

See you later!

- -Ryan

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:43:13 -0400
From: Andy Harman
Subject: re: songs

I've heard many different takes on St. James Infirmary.  Cab Calloway is
perhaps most famous for doing the song, and he recorded several versions.
I also have a mid-1950's Phil Harris single of it, done almost in a
Tennessee Ernie Ford style, more upbeat than usual.

But the most incredible version of St. James is known only to Betty Boop fans.

The black & white Betty cartoon "Snow White" features Koko the clown
turning into a Cab Calloway ghost who sings St. James as the 7 dwarfs carry
a frozen betty in an ice coffin to a funeral cadence.  The queen/witch
hovers over the whole scene changing into several different evil creatures,
all of this in front of a visual metaphor backdrop to the words of the
song.  It's Calloway's best performance of the song, and probably the
creepiest, spookiest depression-era cartoon of all time (and there were
lots of creepy cartoons made then).  Many of the morphs the Cab/Koko ghost
takes on are opium-esque (they hadn't invented LSD yet in 1933!) especially
the "twenty dollar gold piece".

It's available off and on in a video collection of the B&W Bettys, all of
which are worth watching for the fabulously demented Max Fleischer
spookiness and of course the guest soundtracks featuring Cab Calloway,
Louis Armstrong, Don Redman, and even the Royal Samoans!  I have a 16mm
print of "Snow White" which is even more fun... to watch it on the screen
as originally intended.  It makes a great Saturday Matinee style lead-in to
a feature showing.

Andy

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:46:05 EDT
From: MornGlory7@aol.com
Subject: i hope i did this right!

Hi fellow Zipperheads!  I'm new to the list,so here is my little questionaire
thingy~

>1. Name: Nicole St.Sauveur
>
>2. nicknames: Nicki & the Otter Queen...I have many,many more though
>
>3. Location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island
>
>4. have you seen snz live?:   Oh yes,two wonderful times!! The second time
was made very memorable though...Jimbo jumped into the crowd during Flight of
the Passing Fancy to form a conga line. He was first,my cousin was 2nd & I
was third in the line! It was huuuge! Then after the concert,I got to meet
all of the Zippers plus Andrew Bird. They just came out into the lobby to
mingle,it was insanely cool.

>5. website(s): N/A
>
>6. other favorite bands:  Ben Folds Five, Tori Amos, Bowl of Fire, Violent
Femmes & Rusted Root to name a few...I also love pretty much all old swing &
jazzy stuff

>7. If i could rename the band, i'd rename them:  I don't think that I would
rename them

>8. Zipper I'd most like to be stuck in an elevator with:  Hmm..either Tom or
Ken

>9. Zipper who's job i'd most like to have:  Kat,I would absolutely love to
have her voice. Plus,she's just so great!

>10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?:   Well,I don't neccessarily think
that he would the prettiest male Zipper in a dress...but I think that I'd
like to see Ken in a dress,wouldn't you?
~nms

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:53:22 PDT
From: Ryan Sargent
Subject: Raw Bach Vindabona 37

Tonight i'm going to the Bowl Of Fire show at the Black Cat! The Black Cat
is this very small place where its very dark. Because its so small you get
to play pinball with the band before the show...

Cab Calloway had a lot of songs in the style of St James (Minnie the
Moocher). Louis could do it better any day though.

So Clay, how did you like yelling and singing on "She's Allright"????

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:36:00 PDT
From: Mike Judd
Subject: Bowl of Fire

Hey Y'all,

The BOF homepage says they're in concert in Chicago on July 11at the "Rock
around the Block street fair."   Does anybody know anything about this fair?
  Is it worth going to or should I wait a couple of weeks longer to see
them?

Thanks
Mike

PS - In reference to similarity in SNZ songs to other songs the opening riff
to "Pallin' With Al" is from the Fats Waller song "Buck Jumpin'"  But you
probably know that already, no?

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:33:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: nicole blue
Subject: Re: Introducing (choreography)

i have been gone for awhile and i saw these questions. i have been on
the list since the beginning but i usually lurk.

Name: Nicole Mason

Alias: Nic, Blue

Location: Connecticut

Have you seen snz live?: four awesome fun filled times!

Favorite Bands: Indigo SWing, Tom Petty, Katherine Whalen, Lavay Smith,
and a bunch of other bands, the list is too long!

website(s): http://www.theindependentswing.com.  a site for indigo
swing.

If i could rename the band, i'd rename them: Very plain: The Zippers

Zipper I'd most like to be stuck in an elevator with:  Tom

Zipper who's job i'd most like to have: Katherine's of course.

Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?: wow, thats tough one for me... i
think i wont touch it though.

nicole

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 00:19:06 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo!)
Subject: Heretic Blues is like a multi-orgasm

Kevin O'Donnell's Quality Six's "Heretic Blues" is like an orgasm!
OOOOOOHHHHH YEAHH! Pant pant pant pant pant. HA HA HAAAAAA!!! SWING!
MOTHAFUCKAAAA!!!! Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhh

...and this is only track three!

- -Peter Destructo
http://members.xoom.com/pdestructo/snz
Squirrel Nut Zippers discography and catalog
http://members.xoom.com/pdestructo/sg
The Ghost Quasar: Space Ghost links, images, fanfic, icons

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 00:22:22 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo!)
Subject: Re: i hope i did this right!

On Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:46:05 EDT, you wrote:

>10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?:   Well,I don't neccessarily think
>that he would the prettiest male Zipper in a dress...but I think that I'd
>like to see Ken in a dress,wouldn't you?

It just occurred to me -- the obvious answer to that question:

STU!!!

- -PD

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 00:24:01 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo!)
Subject: ...so...? (Doggystyle/PF)

We never got the answer, Clay! What's the connection between
Snoop D. D. /Doggystyle and Perennial Favorites?

- -PD

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 00:34:37 PDT
From: Ryan Sargent
Subject: BOF SHOW.

SAT, JUNE 26th Black Cat Bowl of Fire show.

The Bowl Of Fire show was, as always, one of the best shows. The first band
was a jazz band led by a young woman named Katharine (NOT Whalen), They did
a lot of jazz classics - Girl Form Ipenima, Deed I Do, Fever, etc... At the
end she had some guy come out and sing "Baby, won't you please come home"
with her. You might remember the duet Louis Prima and Keely Smith did on
that song. The next band The Handsome Family were sort of dark folk. Andrew
and Kevin from BOF came out and played a song with them (Kevin rocked on the
spoons!). Before BOF came out I got a chance to talk with Kevin O'Donnell
for a while. (Did you know that Jack Fine had played with Babby Dodds?). BOF
was introduced by one of Andrew's old violin students from Chicago by
reading a dark poem. They played a great set, included - "After You've Gone"
and "El Cuarto De Tula". They mixed in songs from Thrills and the new album.
Andrew even put in a little bit of a classical concerto during one of his
solo's. Afterwards I got two posters and a shirt (and stickers). Kevin
signed my copy of Heretic Blues and the whole band signed one poster and
just Andrew and Kevin the other. I took 29 relly close pictures you will see
later a little bit later.

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #143
*********************************

the-landing-digest        Monday, June 28 1999        Volume 02 : Number 144

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #143                           [Jazzbug8@aol.com]
  I KNEW IT!!!!  NEVER DOUBT THE 'IMMORTAL' GUY!!!!  [Shaun Smakal ]
  Page update                      [Gerald Dishon III ]
  Re: i hope i did this right!            [Ryan Sargent ]
  i'm feeling sinster                  [Dig that crazy chick ]
  Re: mixing it up                    [Dave Doll ]
  Re: I KNEW IT!!!!  NEVER DOUBT THE 'IMMORTAL' GUY!!!!  [Matt Fisken
Subject: I KNEW IT!!!!  NEVER DOUBT THE 'IMMORTAL' GUY!!!!

Here it is folks!  Try to forget about the part where I thought Ken wasn't in the band in '94--I was thinking about Je or Stu or I just got a really unpure rock of crack...

The question:
   This may be before your time in the band Ken, but do you know anything about the Zippers involvement in the independent film 'Immortal' during the summer of 1994? The soundtrack has the only live version of 'Danny Diamond' to be released and background noise heavily suggests that the Zippers made an appearence in the movie. Please help, I'm sure everybody on Jess's e-mail is tired of me asking about it (I'me getting tired of me asking about it).

Thanks, hopin all the news from SSN is good news,
Shaun

The response:
Dear Shaun,
I was in the band from day one, and I wrote Danny D.  We, along with a bunch of bands, appeared in the film.  Tom had a cameo, and was killed in his scene.  It was awesome.   I will find y'all a copy, or try to sell them.
Ken

I feel hugely embarrassed and madly elated at the same time.  I sounded like some mort who hasn't been listening to their music for over 4 years.

Shaun

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

>Lindsay, horn player to the death

What do you play???

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 15:49:41 -0700
From: Dig that crazy chick
Subject: i'm feeling sinster

i need to kill my new weird roommate. but before i do that, i think i'll
take some time out and answer this lovely little questionairre.

1. Name: Courtney Knopf

2. nicknames: Court, spazz, bitchmonkey (my new personal favourite)

3. Location: Los Angeles, CA

4. have you seen snz live?:   Only once at HORDE in Portland in 1997.
When PF came out I had convenently scheduled my flight back to L.A. so
that I would *just* miss them in L.A. *AND* in Portland. Flarking hell.

5. website(s): http://www.theshrubbery.com! http://kscr.usc.edu!!

6. other favorite bands:  Belle & Sebastian, Pulp, Cibo Matto, Afghan
Whigs, Ben Folds Five, Liz Phair, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Jude,
Rufus Wainwright, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Jet Set Six,
Radiohead, etc.

7. If i could rename the band, i'd rename them:  Shark Piss; it has a
nice ring, doesn't it?

8. Zipper I'd most like to be stuck in an elevator with:  I think Tom.
then I'd tell him all about the kooky dream I had about the band that
was set in the Paris Virgin Megastore.

9. Zipper who's job i'd most like to have:  Kat. so i could sit on a
stool and look purty.

10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?:   Jimbo is probably the most fey
(looking) of them all, and would slink nicely into one, i think.

also, I'm sure some of you have heard of the Bill Elliott Swing
Orchestra (anyone? bueller?). Well, this coming tuesday, the 29th, Bill
Elliott will be joining me in the studio for an intreview and he'll
doing a bit of guest DJing as well. so if you happen to be anywhere near
your computer at 9:30 pacific time on tuesday night, tune into it in
Real Audio if you please. http://kscr.usc.edu.

over and out.

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"You're supposed to stop the Q-Tip when there's resistance!"
- --
The MC Simon Milligan of online magazines: http://www.theshrubbery.com
The Chandler Bing of online radio: http://kscr.usc.edu Tuesdays at
9:30pm PDT
AOL IM: CourtSpork ICQ: 24901402

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 16:11:54 PDT
From: Dave Doll
Subject: Re: mixing it up

1. Name: David Doll

2. nicknames: Dave

3. Location: Mishawaka, Indiana

4. have you seen snz live? [how many times?]  Not yet.

5. website(s): www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/2564

6. other favorite "bands": Garbage , The Beatles , Jimi Hendrix , Billie
Holiday , Django Reinhardt , Talking Heads , Ramones , Muddy Waters , Hound
Dog Taylor and the House Rockers , Dave Brubeck Quartet , Charlie Parker ,
Thelonious Monk , Leonard Bernstein , any instrumental classics of the 50's
and 60's such as Tequila and Sleepwalk and surf music.

7. If I could rename the band, I'd name them: Southern Style Nuts (ha-ha)

8. Zipper I'd most like to be stuck in an elevator with: Kat and Jimbo

9. Zipper who's job I'd most like to have: Probably a roadie or something,
so I could just listen everynight!

10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?: I think Ken would look the funniest.

Hey what do ya'll think of Kat's new album? Nothing against the zippers but,
I think it's the best stuff Kat and Jimbo have done. I have a new respect
for Jimbo's guitar playing after hearing his playing on this album. Stu
Cole's playing is awesome too!

Dave Doll
Subterraneans

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 22:22:43 -0400
From: Matt Fisken
Subject: Re: I KNEW IT!!!!  NEVER DOUBT THE 'IMMORTAL' GUY!!!!

>Tom had a cameo, and was killed in his scene.

So that was Tom on the back of the CD!!!!! I knew it all along...

Matt

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:13:39 EDT
From: MornGlory7@aol.com
Subject: zipper in a dress!

10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?:   Well,I don't neccessarily think
>that he would the prettiest male Zipper in a dress...but I think that I'd
>like to see Ken in a dress,wouldn't you?

It just occurred to me -- the obvious answer to that question:

STU!!!

- - -PD

~~Peter--AAAAAGH!!! Stu in drag....why didn't that hit be earlier?  Has
anyone noticed how much that man sweats when he plays??
Also,just thought that I would mention it,but does Je have a son? Because the
second time I saw SNZ,Tom's wife was there,& so was a little boy,who I think
was Je's son. Has anyone else noticed this at any of the other shows? Just
curious! ~Nicki

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:18:37 EDT
From: MornGlory7@aol.com
Subject: the-landing-digest V2 #143

Kevin O'Donnell's Quality Six's "Heretic Blues" is like an orgasm!
OOOOOOHHHHH YEAHH! Pant pant pant pant pant. HA HA HAAAAAA!!! SWING!
MOTHAFUCKAAAA!!!! Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhh

.and this is only track three!

- - -Peter Destructo

Lol,That frightened me a bit.....so,how was the rest?

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #144
*********************************

the-landing-digest       Tuesday, June 29 1999       Volume 02 : Number 145

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: immortal, kevin o'donnell           [Jessica Brandt ]
  zipper in a dress                                        [ClayWalk@aol.com]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #143                           [ClayWalk@aol.com]
  unlocking                                                [ClayWalk@aol.com]
  Re: i hope i did this right!       [Lindsay Pummell ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #143          [Ryan Sargent ]
  none really                                      [Matt Akin ]
  Re: zipper in a dress                            [Matt Akin ]
  Re: zipper in a dress                            [Matt Akin ]
  .......                                                 [LitLpish9@aol.com]
  Re: zipper in a dress!                  [Andy Harman ]
  Re: .......                             [Andy Harman ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #143      [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo!)]
  Jess's Immortal news               [Shaun Smakal ]
  contest almost over                     [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:17:46 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: Re: immortal, kevin o'donnell

Kevin O'Donnell's Quality Six...heretic blues....WOW...

like, have you ever thought "Man, bowl of fire rocks. i bet it would rock
harder with horns. and some more up-to-date lyrics"...well this is IT.

better yet...i have two copies of it and look for it to be the next
giveaway on the shrub!! (july issue)

about Immortal:

i begged and pleaded with my friend from Chapel hill to get me a copy.
"rent it and send it to me. i'll copy it and pay late fees."

"no," she said.

"but i NEED it!" i said.

"guess who did most of the composing of that soundtrack," she said.

"squirrel nut zippers!" i replied.

"no, not them. Joe!" (Joe Caparo, her roommate, ex-doleful lion, and
guy-mentioned-in-a-bff-song)

"woah" i said.

"he said that movie is total crap and not worth getting, even if the
Zippers are in it for a second."

well that's the word on the MOVIE "Immortal"...as for the soundtrack well i
believe Shaun "I love the shrubbery!" Smakal when he says it's good.

i tried to order it (the sndtrk) from permanent records and ya know what?
THEY NEVER SENT IT! nor did they tel me they got my credit card #.

and to that i say... "EVIL!" (to quote mc simon milligan, of course.)

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:06:34 EDT
From: ClayWalk@aol.com

<< 10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?: >>

Stu wins hands down.

In the Perennial ECD, if you go to the SNZ's section & then to Stu's section.
 Click on his book & then go to page 17 (the last page of text)
click on the "S" in Stu's name on that page.

That will bring up a "Glamour Shots" picture of him in drag.  The funny thing
about that photo is that Chris Phillips told me that he had seen that picture
hanging in a bar in Chapel Hill for years & never realized it was Stu.

cw

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:10:36 EDT
From: ClayWalk@aol.com
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #143

<< So Clay, how did you like yelling and singing on "She's Allright"???? >>

I'm confused about that one.  I don't remember singing on that one but I was
throwing up in the background during the recording of one song from "Songs
For Rosetta."  I got food poisoning and had to put the cameras down for
awhile to hug Glen Graham's toilet.

cw

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:18:07 EDT
From: ClayWalk@aol.com
Subject: unlocking

<< Yes, yes, you've had this info on your web site since Perennial Favorites
came out, with the promise that hints how to accomplish this trick would be
forthcoming. Well Mr. Smarty Pants, it's coming up on a year since we where
all blessed with PF and there's been no word that anyone's unlocked Shorty's
little secret. How `bout a hint? Is it an Adobe like trick where some arcane
combination of keys reveals a hidden pop-up window, or is it stranger still?

really, it's very simple.  First of all, Shorty can be seen in one of the
video clips in "Hot."

In PF, I can say that you simply have to click somewhere on that screen to
get the blocks to go away & it will bring up a picture of Mr. Shorty.  It
just takes one click.  Of course I realize that if you don't click on it just
right it will make the book go away....

cw

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:18:06 PDT
From: Lindsay Pummell

Well, I play horn. :) Any horn really. French trumpet mello bugle, anything
i can get my hands on.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:24:27 PDT
From: Ryan Sargent

><< So Clay, how did you like yelling and singing on "She's Allright"???? >>

Since you were there, you would know. Is Andrew Bird always kind of quiet?

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:57:21 -0700
From: Matt Akin
Subject: none really

hey... I finally got a chance to listen to the HoB recording from
december... pretty good even with it being in Real Audio format... :)
cant wait till they decide to come to my area so I can see them in
RL....

Matt

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:59:44 -0700
From: Matt Akin
Subject: Re: zipper in a dress

hehehe
Id have to say thats pretty funny....
he doesnt look that bad in the drag... well okay maybe he does.. but at least he
has the hair to play along with the effect :)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 13:00:58 -0700
From: Matt Akin

the other thing I noticed is they are playing the song "My Drag" in the
background... not sure if that is always there or not but I think its funny :)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:39:32 EDT
From: LitLpish9@aol.com
Subject: .......

<< 1. Name: Laura Piscitello

 2. nicknames: Pishy, Sparticus Dweisel, Doones, L. Pish

 3. Location: Des Plaines, IL

 4. have you seen snz live?:   Once.  At the House of Blues in November.
They were my first concert, and it was so awesome!!!  Jimbo was standing not
10 feet away from me during one of the opening acts, and I was too starstruck
to get his autograph!!  I'll never pass up an opprotunity like that again!!

 5. website(s):

 6. other favorite bands:  Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire, Kevin O'Donnel's
Quality Six, Katherine Whalen's Jazz Squad, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Fuel

 7. If i could rename the band, i'd rename them: I wouldn't.  Squirrel Nut
Zippers suit them perfectly

 8. Zipper I'd most like to be stuck in an elevator with:  Jim.  Definalty
Jim.  I don't know why....I think he'd be cool to be stuck with

 9. Zipper who's job i'd most like to have:  Katherine.

 10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?:   Jimbo.  I can just see it now....
LOL

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:52:49 -0400
From: Andy Harman

At 11:13 PM 6/27/99 EDT, you wrote:
>10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?:

Danny Diamond...

Andy

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:09:44 -0400
From: Andy Harman
Subject: Re: .......

At 02:39 PM 6/28/99 EDT, you wrote:
><< 1. Name: Andy Harman
>
> 2. nicknames: High school: Freak; College: Landru; recently: Fidel (due
to certain physical characteristics and smoking habits) family nickname: Beech

> 3. Location: West Chester Ohio (Cincinnati)
>
> 4. have you seen snz live?:   Twice.  Bogarts Cincinnati Nov. '97,
Bogarts again Sept '98 free front row bar/balcony seats (out of a total of
20) courtesy of Ken.  Got to hang around with Ken for a while plus also met
Je, Stu, Jim, and Tom.  Also got to be there for the sound test - 4 free
songs and I was the only one in the house other than band/crew/house
personnel!

> 5. website(s):
http://www.hhcustom.com/nspmg is my incomplete new site (links broken)
http://w3.one.net/~aharman is my old site... very outdated but links work,
I have an SNZ page and a saxophone page but most of the site is devoted to
trains.

> 6. other favorite bands:  All of the SNZ crossovers/spinoffs, especially
Jazz Squad and Knockdown Society / Gutbucket.  Also Sheryl Crow (Ken told
me he once met Sheryl... I've just got the T-shirt and all the CD's
including every single and import variant).  Other current bands I'd like
to see: Barenaked Ladies (wouldn't we all.. but I meant the band of
intellectuals from Canada), Brian Setzer Orchestra.  Not bad taste for a
41-year old phart, eh?  Add me to the list (9.4 million strong) of
middle-aged fat guys who want to meet Sheryl Crow.

> 7. If i could rename the band, i'd rename them: I wouldn't.  Squirrel Nut
>Zippers suit them perfectly

How about "The Suits Stole Our Name"??  My SNZ cover band will be called
the Gerbil Ball Buttonflies.

> 8. Zipper I'd most like to be stuck in an elevator with:

That's more of a question for the ladies I think since the only female
Zipper is already spoken for.  Although if I ended up stuck in a 'vator
with Tom and Ken and we all had our saxes with us... could be an
interesting jam session.

> 9. Zipper who's job i'd most like to have:  Ok... supose an imaginary
22-year old sweet blonde 5'5 100 lbs joins SNZ as a backing vocal and falls
in love with me after meeting backstage and so I go on the road with them
as a backup sax player.  How's that for a fantasy?  I wouldn't want to take
away anyone's job, they all do it better than I could... but would be fun
to be part of the band.  And bring along my "friend"...

> 10. Prettiest male Zipper in a dress?:   Well if I joined the band, it
certainly wouldn't be me :-)  My ex-wife used to say in my bathrobe I
looked like Marge Schott....  eeeeewwww!!

Andy

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:31:59 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo!)

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:18:37 EDT, you wrote:

>Kevin O'Donnell's Quality Six's "Heretic Blues" is like an orgasm!
>OOOOOOHHHHH YEAHH! Pant pant pant pant pant. HA HA HAAAAAA!!! SWING!
>MOTHAFUCKAAAA!!!! Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhh
>

>.and this is only track three!
>
>- -Peter Destructo
>

>Lol,That frightened me a bit.....so,how was the rest?

Same :)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 28 Jun 99 15:45:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: Jess's Immortal news

Schweet!  Thanks for doin the diggin' Jess!  As far as the moving sucking, is really a no brainer (no offence to those involved in its production).  I mean, it's an independant film!  99.9% of those thing suck HARD! but 99.9% of them don't have the Zippers either.  It's just somethin i wanna see...

Concerning your order to permanent records, During my search for Immortal based stuff, I came to be known slighty well with them.  I got an order out to them a while back too and it hasn't gone thru yet--I sent them a check though and according to my bank statement, it should be the next in line.  I drop them an e-mail tommarow and see what's up.

Yes, the Immortal sndtrck is good.  not hugely zipperific except for Danny Daimond but it's got some great college bands (particularily Vertigo Joyride) that i wish were still playin'  (many are but with different groups).  I think I'll repost my review of the CD tommarow too

Awww shucks, I do like the Shrubbery!
Shaun

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

]
  Oooohhhhh Poooop!                  [Shaun Smakal ]
  Jas. Mathus and a poor boy sandwich.    [Ryan Sargent ]

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 05:09:28 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: TV for this week

huh...it's tuesday already?!?!

seriously guys...i thought it was friday. this two-job thing is hard to get
used to. making $5.50 an hour is also very...VERY hard to get used to. I
took a peek at my old pay stubs from when i was 16 (a measley 4 years ago)
and i was making *$4.15* to start with!!! wow...the things you forget when
you begin making $8.50 an hour...

I'd do the TV list right now if i weren't in the middle of making 20 dozen
cookies.

seriously. 20 dozen. maybe more. why? because jello comes in EVERY color of
the rainbow now, and my favorite cookies are jello cookies. so i said to
myself "why not make 6 batches of these cookies?" (i know there are 7
colors in the rainbow, but i haven't been able to find "indigo" colored
jello!)

i'll post the recipie later too :P

i took a quick peek at www.rockontv.com and didn't see SNZ listed anywhere
so you can rest easy. besides, isn't Mr. www.squirrelnutzippers.com Matt
putting SNZ on before they were rock stars on his site?

he SAID he was...

he will.

i say.

Jess

Note: the time of this post is 5:08 a.m. and i still have 2 dozen to go!

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:48:54 EDT
From: ClayWalk@aol.com
Subject: singing

<< So Clay, how did you like yelling and singing on "She's Allright"???? >>

Since you were there, you would know. Is Andrew Bird always kind of quiet? >>

you know, I just realized (5 minutes ago) that my name is listed on the
credits for that song.  I did not know that.  Thanks.  Maybe I did, maybe I
didn't.  I don't remember actually.  It was a long weekend.  I think "Who'll
Sop My Gravy" was the one I was dying during the recording of it.  That seems
like an appropriate title...

Andrew is kind of quiet.  I think he's an excellent performer.  I saw him do
a show here in Atlanta and at a record store.  I was very impressed.  I have
worn out my "Thrills" CD since I got it.  It is one of my favorite favorites.

cw

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 99 9:58:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: It'll be another week...

The production meeting for the play I'm designing the set for (which could be kinda zipperific if ya think about it) was canceled today.  Therefore, I'm not gonna make a run into school to just for my e-mail.  It'll be another week before I get an e-mail to Permanent Records or repost my Immortal review

those cookies sound tasty!
Shaun

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

Subject: Re: i'm feeling sinster

>1. Name: Courtney Knopf

pronounce the K but not the P?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 99 20:22:38 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: Oooohhhhh Poooop!

I've been e-mailing someone I know in Texas (not affiliated with this list) for, like a month...

But its been a week since i last heard from them!!  I can't think of anything I did wrong!  I'm sad now...
Now I'm gonna have to listen to a Low Down Man/My Drag/Danny Diamond/Blue Angel/Meant To Be combo that'll send me spiraling into a frenzy of self pity...

At least until I have to get up and go to work...

Shaun

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

]
  (no subject)                                           [MornGlory7@aol.com]
  Re: Jess's Immortal news   ["rev. bob pigeon" ]
  Re: Jess's Immortal news               [Michael Hyde ]
  RE: Jas. Mathus and a poor boy sandwich.  [Ryan Sargent ]
  Re: Jess's Immortal news                    [Matt Fisken ]
  Re: it's real quite...                      [Matt Fisken ]
  Re: Jess's Immortal news   ["rev. bob pigeon" ]
  Eddie South and his molasses cookie.    [Ryan Sargent ]

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 02:06:17 -0700
From: Dig that crazy chick
Subject: close.... but no cigar

> From: "rev. bob pigeon"
> Subject: Re: i'm feeling sinster
>
> >1. Name: Courtney Knopf
>
> pronounce the K but not the P?

don't pronounce either.

i'd stay and chat but if i don't finish my Shrub reviews, jess is going
to kick my ass! (truly, she'd have to get on a plane to do it, but i
still live in fear).

~Courtney
The Sultraness of Swing
"Or you know.. he's rubber, you're glue."
- --

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:08:31 -0400
From: Dawn Carr
Subject: RE: Jas. Mathus and a poor boy sandwich.

Yes!  I'm going to catch Knockdown Society in New Orleans on July 28 after
seeing BOF in Chicago on July 24th and at the Empress Casino on the 25th.
AH....life is good.
=dc=

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:24:35 +0000
From: "Chris Etzel"
Subject: Shorty Brown

I have learned who Shorty Brown is. It was a big suprise! It was also a big
suprise to find out a distant cousin of his was a very good friend of mine a
few years ago. Shorty's the type all the guys will instantly like and all
the girls will be swooning over. I can't say for sure if he can sing, but I
strongly suspect he can. Haven't heard him on any of the CD's though.

Anyway, you too can figure out who Shorty is. The secret is contained on the
page of the book with the hidden words. There is a place to click on that
page that will bring the secret out. It's not something difficult to click
on. There is a little latitude in the area that it's out. Think along the
lines of a confluence.

Be patient while exploring, remembering the book goes away each time you
click in the wrong spot. You just gotta keep opening it and trying. Here's
another helpful hint: the page is 20 clicks in.

Those cookies sound interesting Jess.....

- --
Chris Etzel
Etzel's Speed Classics
Big Car Graphics
http://home1.gte.net/web103xk/index.html

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 10:50:54 EDT
From: MornGlory7@aol.com
Subject: (no subject)

ve been e-mailing someone I know in Texas (not affiliated with this list)
for, like a month...

But its been a week since i last heard from them!!  I can't think of anything
I did wrong!  I'm sad now...
Now I'm gonna have to listen to a Low Down Man/My Drag/Danny Diamond/Blue
Angel/Meant To Be combo that'll send me spiraling into a frenzy of self
pity...

At least until I have to get up and go to work...

Shaun

~There,there. You probably did nothing at all,sometimes people just get all
funky with the emails...So listen to Flight of the Passing Fancy or something
happy & upbeat & email that Texan again!! ~Nicki

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:09:31 -0700
From: "rev. bob pigeon"
Subject: Re: Jess's Immortal news

>I mean, it's an independant film!  99.9% of those thing suck HARD! but
99.9% of >them don't have the Zippers either.

yeah, man oh man boy do i hate independent film
it's about time they just ceased being made so we could all focus on disney
and warner brothers.....i'm so tired of this so-called "art"
it ain't "art"...next thing you know jackson pollock is an "artist" i mean
for chrissakes independent film is a bunch of weirdos doing weird things and
that all suck hard!!!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:19:35 EDT
From: Michael Hyde

> >I mean, it's an independant film!  99.9% of those thing suck HARD! but
>99.9% of >them don't have the Zippers either.
>
>yeah, man oh man boy do i hate independent film
>it's about time they just ceased being made so we could all focus on disney
>and warner brothers.....i'm so tired of this so-called "art"
>it ain't "art"...next thing you know jackson pollock is an "artist" i mean
>for chrissakes independent film is a bunch of weirdos doing weird things
>and
>that all suck hard!!!

"Well, everyone knows that independent films are only about gay cowboys
eating pudding."
- -Eric Cartman

(This South Park reference has been brought to you by the letter F, the
letter U, and the number 69.)

Later,
Bubba

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:05:53 PDT
From: Ryan Sargent

>Yes!  I'm going to catch Knockdown Society in New Orleans on July 28

Your so lucky. I'm heading down there pretty soon myself, but not in time
for a Knockdown Society show.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:08:38 EDT
From: CHAMICLOV@aol.com
Subject: Re: hello?

In a message dated 6/20/99 2:15:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DManco6702@aol.com writes:

<< Oh yes, I wrote to Greg
 from Hobex and barn dances are slated for June 25 and July 16. >>

where?????  more info. please

~brown eyed~

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:27:39 -0400
From: Dawn Carr

I know I am lucky.  I just happen to be travelling to Chicago and New
Orleans at just the right time for work.  If only Kat were playing Oshkosh!
=dc=

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 99 18:42:26 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: it's real quite...

i haven't gotten hardly any e-mail today...huh.  Poor Ken and Beth, I've had ?diarhea? of the guestbook kind.  I've been leaving like 2 or 3 messages a day for the past several days.

On another note...
Has anyone heard the Loius Armstrong impression done by Wayne ?Grady? on "Who's Line is it Anyway?"  It is absolutely amazing!!

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

it ain't "art"...next thing you know jackson pollock is an "artist" i mean
>for chrissakes independent film is a bunch of weirdos doing weird things and
>that all suck hard!!!

I'd have to strongly disagree with you there reverend bob... They may be
weird people doing weird things, but they do it all without the
capitolistic attitudes that big movie makers have. Give me a break!
Swingers for $250,000 was a way better movie than Titanic which was how
many $million? Sometimes (okay, a lot of times) "indie" is way better
than mainstream. It's the exact same story for music.

What I like are the "middle men" who do it on a shoe string but have good
shit, namly a certain band we all like...

~Matty J.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 21:52:14 -0400
From: Matt Fisken
Subject: Re: it's real quite...

>i haven't gotten hardly any e-mail today...huh.

at least you've got the three you sent to the landing!

~Matty J.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 00:54:28 -0700
From: "rev. bob pigeon"

>I'd have to strongly disagree with you there reverend bob... They may be
>weird people doing weird things, but they do it all without the
>capitolistic attitudes that big movie makers have. Give me a break!
>Swingers for $250,000 was a way better movie than Titanic which was how
>many $million? Sometimes (okay, a lot of times) "indie" is way better
>than mainstream. It's the exact same story for music.

ok, from now on with every sarcastic message i send there'll be a link to
several web pages, including "what is sarcasm?" and "how do i detect obvious
sarcasm?"

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:23:57 PDT
From: Ryan Sargent
Subject: Eddie South and his molasses cookie.

I know that Ken is trying to sell some Joe Tullos CD's, but I don't know
what kind of music it is. Anybod know? I was guessing New Orleans blues
based stuff.

Anybody ever heard Eddie South????

I wish somebody would just tell us what to click on to find out about Shorty
Brown!

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #147
*********************************

There is no #148 of the digest

the-landing-digest       Saturday, July 3 1999       Volume 02 : Number 149

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: Oh, (insert obscenity of your choice here)!!  [kobyc@softhome.net (Pet]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #148           ["Chris Etzel" ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #148           ["Chris Etzel" ]
  a zipper quit?!?!?                                     [MornGlory7@aol.com]
  Re: a zipper quit?!?!?                           [Matt Akin ]
  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!             [Ryan Sargent ]
  Re: a zipper quit?!?!?       [Daniel F Jarvis ]
  Tom , Shorty                        [Dave Doll ]
  sorry for the bad content...       [Shaun Smakal ]
  I hate irony...                    [Shaun Smakal ]
  Man am I pissed...                 [Shaun Smakal ]
  three things or so                                      [ElinaMalk@aol.com]
  Re: a simple question (not zipper related)  [Andy Harman ]
  SNZ on liveconcerts.com                 [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:34:08 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo!)
Subject: Re: Oh, (insert obscenity of your choice here)!!

On Thu, 01 Jul 1999 22:17:35 -0500, you wrote:

>Okay, my vote for Shaun's morbid survey is Tom... I just hope this is
>all done in a friendly manner; I'm sure it will be.

I sure hope not. Last time I went up he did all the talking. If he
quits, next time I go we'll probably all just stand around blinking.

- -PD

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:08:22 +0000
From: "Chris Etzel"
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #148

<>

I heard a Zippers song used as a bumper on NPR yesterday morning. Can't
remember for sure, but it might have been right after the travel show and
may have been "Got my own thing now".

Always makes me smile when I hear their music somewhere.....at least when I
can remember it.

- --

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:13:14 +0000
From: "Chris Etzel"

<>

And it is sumptin' special! Very, very cool. `Course, you know emptyV won't
run it, might interfere with their regular programing of Real World re-runs
and Brittany Spears videos. Mammoth oughta strike a deal to run it as an old
fashioned cartoon short before "South Park The Moooooovie". How cool that
would be....

- --

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:46:06 EDT
From: MornGlory7@aol.com
Subject: a zipper quit?!?!?

yes, one of the Zippers has quit the band.

AAAAAAAAAGH!!!! Now I'm itching to find out who it is...at the same time I
almost don't want to know.  ~Nicki

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 11:05:00 -0700
From: Matt Akin
Subject: Re: a zipper quit?!?!?

MornGlory7@aol.com wrote:

> yes, one of the Zippers has quit the band.
>
> AAAAAAAAAGH!!!! Now I'm itching to find out who it is...at the same time I
> almost don't want to know.  ~Nicki

well.. just checked out http://www.snzippers.com and according to the site
Tom has left the band to pursue a solo career....

Matt
"the bored netsurfer"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:48:24 PDT
From: Ryan Sargent
Subject: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Ken just put this up on the official page:

"Sorry Folks, but my pal Tom Maxwell has informed Mammoth Records that he
has left the Zippers to pursue a solo career. I will continue to work with
him (as I did on his excellent album "Samsara") if he needs me, and I will
continue to consider him one of my best friends. But for now, no one else is
leaving this band, or they'll have to deal with ME! This is a very sad day
for me and Y'all, I'm sure, and I have requested that Tom write something
for this site, and I expect that he will soon. Any letters of support to Tom
will be delivered to him; please put TOM in the Subject of your messages, to
help me organize them. I have already received about 100, based on rumours.
I love Tom, am sad to see him go, and wish him the best, and hope that y'all
will support him in his future endeavors."

What the Hell!?!?!?!? His solo album is not even out yet. It's just to wierd
to think of SNZ without Tom. Just think of all he has put into the band.
"Hell" "Put a lid on it" "Twilight" "Meant to be" "Pallin' with al" "Trou
Macacq" "Soon" "The Kraken" "A Johny Ace Christmas" "My Evergreen" "Carolina
Christmas" "Hot Christmas" "Club Limbo" "Plenty More"....That scream at the
end of Hell. Well, I guess if SNZ ever does tour again we will never hear
Hell. Damn!

Just think of every SNZ show you have ever been to, or any SNZ CD you
have...then think of them if Tom was gone. I thought this solo album stuff
would be all for the good. I didn't think anybody would leave. I will
support Tom with his solo career, but this whole law suit thing is taking a
beating on SNZ. I think we all should write like Ken said, and MAYBE Tom
will think agian. But untill then I trust Ken to keep everybody else stable.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 14:49:15 -0400 (EDT)
From: Daniel F Jarvis

Ack! This really stinks! Of course, I wish Mr. Maxwell the best... but
maybe ::fingers crossed:: this is a "Paul is dead" type of deal, and it's
just to see what the fans have to say. If not.... :^( we'll miss ya Tom!

Dan Jarvis

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 13:41:17 PDT
From: Dave Doll
Subject: Tom , Shorty

Is this a bad dream?
At my house today,it was like WHEL, hell radio.
All Tom Maxwell, all the time.

And what's the deal with Shorty Brown?
If he's a dog, well then who's the cat with his picture ("not genuine
without his signature") on the back of The Inevitable and Perrenial
Favorites?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 99 13:57:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: sorry for the bad content...

Dammit all to Hell!  I knew it!  I hate it when I'm F-ing right!  Gettin that free stuff from Ken is really gonna suck ass hard.

You can stick all that "good side" to every problem crap right here-->  (*) this is someone bending over!

Shaun "Way really pissed off" Smakal

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

The Shrubbery
Humor, reviews, and now--free e-mail!

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 99 14:13:58 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: Man am I pissed...

Not even the Shrub is gonna get me out of this mood.  Damn...

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

Subject: Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

At 10:48 AM 7/2/99 PDT, you wrote:

>Just think of every SNZ show you have ever been to, or any SNZ CD you
>have...then think of them if Tom was gone. I thought this solo album stuff
>would be all for the good. I didn't think anybody would leave. I will
>support Tom with his solo career, but this whole law suit thing is taking a
>beating on SNZ. I think we all should write like Ken said, and MAYBE Tom
>will think agian. But untill then I trust Ken to keep everybody else stable.

Remember nothing is forever.  I was just watching the "Behind the Music"
program about Stevie Nicks... who would have thunk that Fleetwood Mac would
ever be reassembled?  I'm not the biggest FM fan in the world, but it was
good to see them all back - looking good, gray hair/no hair and all, but
most importantly... happy.

I suspected the Zippers were not going to remain "as is" after I saw them
live last September, and at the time Ken wasn't able to talk about any
details.   I don't know if any of the current happenings go back that far,
but I think the lawsuit started around that time.

The other thing to remember about SNZ is that they've got a one-sided
contract with Mammouth (which they are on the wrong side of) and other
issues.  We may never see them again as SNZ, for the moment they exist as a
band only on paper anyway.

Fotunately... and this is MOST important... all of the band members are
active, making music, expanding their horizons... and are always free to
work together again in the future in any manner they choose.

SNZ has produced a total of 3 full albums, two short albums, a Christmas
album, and a raft of spinoffs and affiliations in a short time.  Moreso
than the albums I will certainly miss Tom in concert, with his almost John
Belushi-like energy.  Guess I'll have to buy tickets for his new act, eh?
Maybe they'll be the opener for the Zippers next time around...

Andy

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 01:22:44 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: SNZ on liveconcerts.com

hey someone told me about this a while ago, but i thought since it's on
July 4th no one would be really interested, BUT..

If you've got nothing to do, they're re-playing the Big Rude Jake/SNZ
concert on www.liveconcerts.com at 9:30 EST (that's 6:30 PDT).

And i don't know if i'll be there, but if anyone wants to chat amongst each
other while listening, you can use my chat room at:

http://members.xoom.com/ZipperJJ/snzchat.html

it's the Landing's official chat room. whee!

Jess
          *     --+-READ  THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
                http://www.theshrubbery.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

End of the-landing-digest V2 #149