Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  re: MBK                                 [Jessica Brandt ]
  Re: Mighty Blue Kings, etc.       ["Dave Doll" ]

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:12:17 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: re: MBK

Shaun said:
>I think the Zippers should use the grassroots method of advertising like
MBK.  >This really gets the word out and involves the fans.

Actually, this is how Mammoth does things i think. I was reading on their
site about intern opportunities, and this is one of them (locally promoting
their bands). But apparently, they do one crzappy job of it because they
haven't contacted any of US about promoting the band!!!

but don't you worry. Next time SNZ comes around, we've got all the hookups
to make something like this work...You'd all be interested in helping,
right? :)

Jess
          *     --+-READ  THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
                http://www.theshrubbery.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 05:23:47 PDT
From: "Dave Doll"
Subject: Re: Mighty Blue Kings, etc.

I wrote <>

Chris Etzel wrote
>Wow, couple a great bands there. Where they a double bill, or was this on
>seperate nights?

Yes they were a double bill, and both bands were great! It was an outdoor
venue, our county park system maintains a band shell for summer concerts and
theatre.I guess I preferred the Mighty Blue Kings.
They do have more of a "Chicago" sound , more guitar driven (or driven
guitar). Two awesome bands outdoors,at night, over-priced beer available; it
was a great night.

Actually this summer's been a good time for music in my area, which is
usually a wasteland. No really "BIG" acts, but something cool almost every
week.
We had the Elkhart Jazz Festival last month, and the show mentioned above.
Tonight it's James Cotton with A.J. Croce at the same venue.
Last night I saw Peter Frampton, yes Peter Frampton, at a local festival.I'm
actually kind of bummed because I have to choose between James Cotton and
Pat Benatar tonight. I'm not gonna miss seeing any blues legends while
they're still alive though!

Oh yeah, this past February I saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra open for Bob
Dylan(!) of all people. It was billed as a "show and dance".
It was fun, better than I thought it would be, but an odd bill nonetheless.

Peace, Dave

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #164
*********************************

the-landing-digest        Monday, July 19 1999        Volume 02 : Number 165

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Woo Hoo!  News!!                   [Shaun Smakal ]
  and another thing....              [Shaun Smakal ]
  Re: Woo Hoo!  News!!                             [Matt Akin ]
  Re: Woo Hoo!  News!!       ["rev. bob pigeon" ]
  Re: Woo Hoo!  News!!               [Shaun Smakal ]
  Re: Woo Hoo!  News!!               [Jarrad Jalbert ]
  TV this week                            [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 99 17:21:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: Woo Hoo!  News!!

Well that was a surprise for me!  Mr. Cole got married.  God, its nice to finally hear some really good news from the Zipper's end of things.

What's with all the -private- guestbook signings?  You're not making fun of me are ya?

wow, maybe this list will start filling with posts again,
Shaun

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

"The secret the government never wanted you to know.. SPAM IS PEOPLE!!!!" - Jay Leno

Subject: Re: Woo Hoo!  News!!

>wow, maybe this list will start filling with posts again,

god i hope not

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 Jul 99 21:51:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal

- --- rev. pigeon  wrote:
>>wow, maybe this list will start filling with posts again,

>god i hope not

WHY!?!?

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

"The secret the government never wanted you to know.. SPAM IS PEOPLE!!!!" - Jay Leno

the-landing-digest       Tuesday, July 20 1999       Volume 02 : Number 166

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Joe Tullos                             ["Mike Judd" ]
  re: guestbook, etc.                     [Jessica Brandt ]
  Downtown Chi town                                       [LitLpish9@aol.com]
  Harlem Airshaft.                      ["Ryan Sargent" ]

Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:14:09 PDT
From: "Mike Judd"
Subject: Joe Tullos

Subject: re: guestbook, etc.

Why would the landing get more posts? what are you referring to? and I'd
love it if we did!

About the guestbook..as long as he's had a guestbook there, it's been a
little unreliable. it has nothing to do with Ken. he can't control it. it's
just a link to Guestworld which is very popular and thus unreliable (like all
other popular net things are) Ken has told me that he too has problems
getting to it sometimes. So sorry to everyone who can't post their answers!
If and when  you try to post, just keep trying until it accepts it! i just
did mine and there was no problem, cuz it's 4 AM and the Guestworld server
is not busy. PLEASE don't email ken about this problem! all he can do is
complain to guestworld, which will do no good!

someone who is a fan and knows perl should send him a guestbook to use.

I'm really happy for Stu! yay yay yay!!!!

uuuhm...i'll have a little report for y'all on the last Barn Dance of the
summer shortly. i have a very good friend who went (to most of it). he's
gonna try to get me a tape. yay!

did anyone (danny) make it down there for the event? Gutbucket/NMAS played!!!

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 01:40:36 EDT
From: LitLpish9@aol.com
Subject: Downtown Chi town

After I saw Cabaret (which was awesome) on Thursday, we were walking by a
restaurant called Chicago's Downtown Restaurant (or something close to that).
 They were blasting very familiar music.  It took me a second to recognize
it, but then I was literally dancing in the street, because it was the Bad
Businessman!!!

Laura

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:25:27 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: Harlem Airshaft.

The only SNZ thing that happened to me recently was while watching TV. I was
watching this really old black and white movie about Harlem on one of my
local PBS stations, and the movie opened with some people fixing the outside
of this building. When the camera drew back I saw the name of the building
was...the "Hotel Paradise".

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #166
*********************************

the-landing-digest      Wednesday, July 21 1999      Volume 02 : Number 167

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  NC                                ["Dave Doll" ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #166           ["Chris Etzel" ]
  BIG NEWS!!!!                          ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  News from Kenny.                      ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: BIG NEWS!!!!                ["David Shreffler" ]
  Re: BIG NEWS!!!!                      ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  recording BOF                          ["Mike Judd" ]
  WooHOOOOOOO!                                             [SNZfreak@aol.com]
  KDS live transmit                       [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 05:18:44 PDT
From: "Dave Doll"
Subject: NC

Hey, I heard a really strange question on NPR's Whad'ya Know? this past
weekend.
Of the Carolina's, which state has a law prohibiting the sale of urine?
The answer is South Carolina. "You have to go into Charlotte to do your
business".
Zipper related? Maybe, maybe not.
Maybe the Bad Businessman is a urine salesman. ha-ha.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:21:29 +0000
From: "Chris Etzel"
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #166

My SNZ related "sighting"...was watching Sarah Jessica Parker's "Sex in the
City" on HOB and they played Katharine's "Just you, just me" from the Jazz
Squad. *Love* that CD.

- --
Chris Etzel
Etzel's Speed Classics
Big Car Graphics
http://home1.gte.net/web103xk/index.html

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:48:03 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: BIG NEWS!!!!

The Jas Mathus show in Athens, Ga. on July, 21 will be a free video
cybercast and can be seen at 40watt.com or ibtv.net . Viewers will need
Realplayer G2 to see the show and this can be downloaded from either site.
There will also be an interview and live chat before the show so please tune
in around 10:00 p.m. eastern. Thanks,
                                                Drew Alston
                                                ibtv.net

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:54:21 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: News from Kenny.

News By Kenny: Updated 20 JULY 1999

7-20-99 PETITION TO GET THE "Ghost of Steven Foster" video played

A message from Miriam, who designed the best SNZ page (other than mine, of
course, has started a petition to get "Ghost of Steven Foster" video played.
To Participate, please copy the following text onto an email, and read the
instructions below... thanks Miriam!!

Hello!

This is a petition to get the Squirrel Nut Zippers' "Ghost Of Stephen
Foster" video its much deserved air time (on MTV, VH-1, etc...) We need your
help to make this possible. If you do not want to participate, we simply ask
that you forward this message to SNZfreak@aol.com

All you need to do is forward this e-mail message to your friends and
relatives who share our common interest in the Squirrel Nut Zippers. But,
before forwarding the e-mail message, make sure to add your e-mail address
to the list below. If you are the 10th person on the list, please forward
the message to SNZfreak@aol.com

NOTE:
Of course, this will only work if the "friens and/or relatives" who receive
this e-mail message actually *know* who the Squirrel Nut Zippers are. So, it
is very important to know/find out if the people you will be forwarding this
e-mail to actually know Squirrel Nut Zippers music. We don't want this
message to be viewed as SPAM

.### ADD YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HERE ###
1. sirius@shell.cifnet.com
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:59:49 PDT
From: "David Shreffler"
Subject: Re: BIG NEWS!!!!

"Jas Mathus show" could u explain jas mathus? whose this?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:05:43 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"

>"Jas Mathus show" could u explain jas mathus? whose this?

Jas Mathus is Jim Mathus of the Squirrel Nut Zippers. the KnockDown Society
is his Delta Blues band. They have one CD out titled "Play Songs For
Rosetta" (mammoth records)and they are coming out with a new one soon. I
think it's a double cd...i'm not sure. They are doing a tour down south and
this is one of the show's.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:25:41 PDT
From: "Mike Judd"
Subject: recording BOF

Hey, does anybody know if Andrew Bird allows people to record his shows?
Audio, that is.

Mike

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:29:35 EDT
From: SNZfreak@aol.com
Subject: WooHOOOOOOO!

I think the petition is going to do real good! Its sure to get on the net cuz
ITS ON THE OFFICIAL SNZ WEB PAGE! Oh yeah. If you haven't checked it lately,
its there, you will see the link in BIG yellow letters, and **MY** address on
it!! I am jumping with joy as we speak. Doing backflips! And, if you knew me,
you would know that I am not one to do backflips! So, go to the page
(www.snzippers.com) and if you dont have it, GET IT! SIGN IT! SEND IT! DO
WHAT YOU WILL WITH IT! It doesnt matter to me! ITS THERE! That is all that
counts!

Until next time,

~~G
The FREAK known as G!!!!

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:37:20 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: KDS live transmit

According to Miriam's super duper SNZ page,
(http://www.cifnet.com/~sirius/snz/) there will be a live webcast of the
July 21st Knockdown Society/NMAS show plus a chat or interview i think. She
says it'll start around 10 pm eastern (the show is live from georgia).

you can find info at http://40watt.com or http://ibtv.net

i won't be around for it but hopefully they'll archive it. you need the
RealPlayer G2 to see/hear it, and the AOL Instant messanger to participate
in the chat. you'll find all that info on http://ibtv.net

I sent mail to the ibtv people asking if they'll archive it but that was
just 2 mins ago so they haven't replied :P

so i hope someone tunes in and tells us about it!

Jess
          *     --+-READ  THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
                http://www.theshrubbery.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #167
*********************************

the-landing-digest       Thursday, July 22 1999       Volume 02 : Number 168

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  re: bof shows                           [Jessica Brandt ]
  re: bof shows                [Daniel F Jarvis ]

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:58:19 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: re: bof shows

Hey i've recorded at a BOF show and i don't think Andrew or the band minds,
BUT it's usually the venue that will try to stop you. when i tape I wear my
"recording socks" and just slip my hand-held recorder in there and wear
baggy pants. then you've got to be a little stealthy with the recorder.

i don't know if Ryko will let you record, usualy rec. companies are bitchy
about it too, so asking them wouldn't help probably. but if you have any
problems getting in, just tell the person at the door "hey, let me talk to
*band member*" and they will probably let you in.

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:55:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: Daniel F Jarvis

Actually... when I saw Andrew at his last show in Narragansett, RI at the
Towers, my friend and I were wondering the same thing about recording. You
say you've done it huh? How did your recordings come out Jess? If well,
what kind of recorder did you use, and how'd you have it set up (In your
sock?) :)

Dan Jarvis

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Jessica Brandt wrote:

> Hey i've recorded at a BOF show and i don't think Andrew or the band minds,
> BUT it's usually the venue that will try to stop you. when i tape I wear my
> "recording socks" and just slip my hand-held recorder in there and wear
> baggy pants. then you've got to be a little stealthy with the recorder.
>
> i don't know if Ryko will let you record, usualy rec. companies are bitchy
> about it too, so asking them wouldn't help probably. but if you have any
> problems getting in, just tell the person at the door "hey, let me talk to
> *band member*" and they will probably let you in.
>
> Jess
>           *     --+-READ  THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
>                 http://www.theshrubbery.com
>      --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #168
*********************************

the-landing-digest        Friday, July 23 1999        Volume 02 : Number 169

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: WooHOOOOOOO!  [kobyc@softhome.net (Star-Beast Task Force Milky Way-Man]
  (fwd) Re: Get "Ghost of Stephen Foster" video on TV!  [kobyc@softhome.net ]

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:11:01 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Star-Beast Task Force Milky Way-Man)
Subject: Re: WooHOOOOOOO!

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:29:35 EDT, you wrote:
>I think the petition is going to do real good! Its sure to get on the net cuz
>ITS ON THE OFFICIAL SNZ WEB PAGE! Oh yeah. If you haven't checked it lately,
>its there, you will see the link in BIG yellow letters, and **MY** address on
>it!! I am jumping with joy as we speak. Doing backflips! And, if you knew me,
>you would know that I am not one to do backflips! So, go to the page
>(www.snzippers.com) and if you dont have it, GET IT! SIGN IT! SEND IT! DO
>WHAT YOU WILL WITH IT! It doesnt matter to me! ITS THERE! That is all that
>counts!

Great! That I did, sister. When it first came out online, I told
everyone in rec.arts.animation. Everyone who posted loved it! I sent
to all five or six of them.

I move to change the text to reflect the official page's endorsement
of the petition. It sounds more impressive.

- -Peter Destructo

"Well, we have a saying that goes if we can't be funny, then let's
just be weird. Whenever we get stuck we've always fallen back on that
and it's always worked."  - Space Ghost Coast to Coast executive
producer Keith Crofford

"....Speaking of tights, Ricky Martin's pants will be auctioned off to
the highest bidder on June 12. Other ex-Menudo members, meanwhile,
will look at their own pants, hanging neatly in their closets, and
decide they never liked Ricky." - Vector Black, Ghost Planet News,
http://www.ghostplanet.com

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:14:18 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Star-Beast Task Force Milky Way-Man)
Subject: (fwd) Re: Get "Ghost of Stephen Foster" video on TV!

This message was sent to me in response to the petition. Steve Worth
is... um... a big shot at spumco. Hope it goes through! :)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:46:51 -0700, "Stephen W. Worth"
 wrote:
>We are talking to the creators about putting up high quality
>Quicktime and RealVideo movies of their video on the Spumco
>site. I'll let you know if we get permission.
(snip)
>      The Web: http://www.spumco.com

- -Peter Destructo

"Well, we have a saying that goes if we can't be funny, then let's
just be weird. Whenever we get stuck we've always fallen back on that
and it's always worked."  - Space Ghost Coast to Coast executive
producer Keith Crofford

"....Speaking of tights, Ricky Martin's pants will be auctioned off to
the highest bidder on June 12. Other ex-Menudo members, meanwhile,
will look at their own pants, hanging neatly in their closets, and
decide they never liked Ricky." - Vector Black, Ghost Planet News,
http://www.ghostplanet.com

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #169
*********************************

the-landing-digest       Saturday, July 24 1999       Volume 02 : Number 170

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #169                           [SNZfreak@aol.com]

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:59:39 EDT
From: SNZfreak@aol.com
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #169

In a message dated 7/23/99 4:07:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kobyc@softhome.net wrote

<< Great! That I did, sister. >>

Actually, I am a guy. No hard feelins, I get that a lot. No prob.

~~G

P.S.

At the time I wrote this letter, I had 40 signatures! That is good, but I
know more people could be signing this!!! I don't want to force people into
this, but SIGN IT!

End of the-landing-digest V2 #170