Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #179

>I don't remember where I saw it but the date Aug. 25 sticks out in my head
>for some reason. Whatever day it is I hope its soon.

isn't that "Oh, The Grandeur!"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 20:49:46 EDT
From: SNZfreak@aol.com
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #180

Ok guys. Heres the deal. I have been away for a week, and the week before
that, my computer fried. Well, not by itself. My dad had a hand in it. He
figured that he could install a new chip that we needed without help. Bang!
All of my memory, GONE! Including all of my petition signatures. So, for all
of you that signed it, mail me again and I can start it over. Thanks!

~~G
George

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #181
*********************************

the-landing-digest      Tuesday, August 10 1999      Volume 02 : Number 182

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #180  ["Professor Theodore von Schnartsenhoffen ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #180      ["theresa mccart" ]
  tv this week                            [Jessica Brandt ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #181                          [LitLpish9@aol.com]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #181      ["theresa mccart" ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #181           [nicole blue ]
  ordering the new BOF album.         ["theresa mccart" ]
  Trivia Question #1!!               [Shaun Smakal ]
  Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender  ["Professor Theodor]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #181  ["Professor Theodore von Schnartsenhoffen ]

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 11:26:37 GMT
From: "Professor Theodore von Schnartsenhoffen M.D.A.D.D.D.S."

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 20:49:46 EDT, you wrote:

>Ok guys. Heres the deal. I have been away for a week, and the week before
>that, my computer fried. Well, not by itself. My dad had a hand in it. He
>figured that he could install a new chip that we needed without help. Bang!
>All of my memory, GONE! Including all of my petition signatures. So, for all
>of you that signed it, mail me again and I can start it over. Thanks!

Doesn't it make more sense for everyone to just e-mail you? I mean,
what if the list doesn't make it to five and then you don't see the
other nine?

Anyway, you can add me.

- -Peter Destructo

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 11:04:56 -0400
From: "theresa mccart"

Petition for what?

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 12:43:53 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: tv this week

you know what? there's noting zipperiffic on this week, so i'm not even
gonna waste your bandwith.

oh, and reports from smoe.org say that everything is up and working now, so
post post post. and if you sent something and it got returned to you saying
"too many hops" or something, send it again. there was a bit of a glitch.

thanks!

jess
          *     --+-READ  THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
                http://www.theshrubbery.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 13:44:09 EDT
From: LitLpish9@aol.com
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #181

"Oh, the Grandeur" comes out on August 24th, I believe.  If you order it from
Rykodisc, you get it either on the release day, or early, and if you're in
the first 100, you get a free BOF poster!!  The total comes to about $20.00,
but it's well worth it!!

*laura*

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:46:56 -0400
From: "theresa mccart"

When I called to order my "Oh Grandeur", the fella said that people who
order them will be getting them a lot sooner than those who purchase them in
stores. Also, if you're from Canada, expect to wait a little bit since it
will have to go through customs. By the way it is August 24th that it is
coming out in stores.

People who have received posters from the site, how are they packaged? Do
they come packaged in a rolled up thing or do they fold them?

Also, for those who have seen them in concert, how much are the ticket
prices? (American dollar will do)

Also, do you guys have the HMV record chain in the United States?

Theresa.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 15:18:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: nicole blue

> When I called to order my "Oh Grandeur", the fella
> said that people who  order them will be getting them a lot sooner
than  those who purchase them in
> stores.

Where can you order it?  I tried Mammoth CDnow UBL and others...

Thanks
Nicole

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 19:57:56 -0400
From: "theresa mccart"
Subject: ordering the new BOF album.

Hi Nicole!

All you have to do to order the cd is go on Andrew's page on the Rykodisc
site, click on "Orders".  On the "Orders" page just above the "Thrills"
album logo, there should be his name. Click on his name and both the
"Thrills" and the "Grandeur" album should pop up. The Grandeur's album icon
is the Rykodisc logo. It's $16.98 plus shipping and handling. And, as
mentioned before, if you're within one of the hundred first purchasers you
get a free poster.  I was number three and that was last week. I think you
may still be in luck.

If you don't want to go through Rykodisc, Amazon.com is taking preorders and
I also think chapters.com (I could be totally wrong on that one).

Good luck.

Theresa.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 99 19:44:45 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: Trivia Question #1!!

Okay, remember that this is for those black, rectangular SNZ stickers with the squirrel and lightning graphic (so if ya have one already let those who dont get a chance to win one).  Send your answers to:
smakal@theshrubbery.com

Do not reply through the list!  First correct answer wins the prize!  Please, dont send nude photos of yourself or your credit card numbers cause i will use them to my adavantage--read:  "I believe in blackmail."

Here it is:
"The Beatles" stole many of their hits from "The Bottles."  Ken named the titles of some of these.  I'm looking for the only one for which he gave BOTH "The Beatles" and "The Bottles" titles.  What were those titles?

This ain't too hard, but good luck anyway.

Shaun

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

"The secret the government never wanted you to know.. SPAM IS PEOPLE!!!!" - Jay Leno

Subject: Re: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

The "Ghost of Stephen Foster" video is going on www.spumco.com, in
high quality this time! E-mail bigshot with your logo suggestions -- I
have in mind a good one, the "squirrel with nut" SN Brand logo, but I
can't find it online.

- -Peter

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 03:02:05 GMT
From: "Professor Theodore von Schnartsenhoffen M.D.A.D.D.D.S.F.L.D.F.F.F.N.F."

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:46:56 -0400, you wrote:

>People who have received posters from the site, how are they packaged? Do
>they come packaged in a rolled up thing or do they fold them?

For an unrelated thing, I got a free poster from them. It was rolled
in a tube. Small. It was pretty dumb - just the cover pic from the
album. I was hoping for a Bird-shot, but nooooo...

bye
peter destructo

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #182
*********************************

the-landing-digest     Wednesday, August 11 1999     Volume 02 : Number 183

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: ordering the new BOF album.          [nicole blue ]
  We have a winner!                  [Shaun Smakal ]
  What the...                          [Gerald Dishon ]
  Oops sorry about that...           [Shaun Smakal ]
  Re: What the...  ["Professor Theodore von Schnartsenhoffen M.D.A.D.D.D.S.F]
  FW: Andrew Bird - Bowl Of Fire Newsltter #1  [Dawn Carr ]
  Andrew Bird - Bowl Of Fire Newsltter #1  ["theresa mccart"
Subject: Re: ordering the new BOF album.

thanks theresa!  I will do that after I get back from work.  I did not
see at amazon but I will order it from the other site.

Thanks
Nicole

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 99 7:59:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: We have a winner!

Congrats to Kyle Murphy!  He answered the trivia question correctly!  Just send me yer address and I'll get that sticker to ya.

One down, two to go.  Any feedback on the trivia question?  Too hard?  Too easy?

later,
Shaun

==

Subject: Re: What the...

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:07:18 -0500, you wrote:

>2.  Peter Destructo:  What does M.D.A.D.D.D.S.F.L.D.F.F.F.N.F. stand
>for?

It's from an early Laurel and Hardy comedy skit. L&H, delivery men,
are carrying a piano up a long flight of stairs. En route, they
encounter a preposterously dressed man who orders them to move aside.
When Hardy asks "why don't you go around?", he says "Are you asking ME
to go around YOU?! Me, Theodore von Schnartsenhoffen, MDADDDSFFFNF, go
around YOU?!?!?! Out of my way! Out! Out!"

- -Peter Destructo
Go see Iron Giant!

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:43:28 -0400
From: Dawn Carr
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 00:30:55 -0400
From: "theresa mccart"
Subject: Fw: ordering the new BOF album.

Actually, I must tell you that the chapters.com site that I referred you to
is a Canadian music and book site. It's sort of like Amazon.com, however,
all the prices are in Canadian dollar which is great for you Americans out
there. The Oh Grandeur album is only $15.47 Canadian which is probably
around ten dollars American. The address to the site is this:
http://www.chapters.com  Also, for those that don't know, the address for
rykodisc is this:  http://www.rykodisc.com  (free poster).

Take care,

Theresa.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 01:03:58 -0400
From: "theresa mccart"
Subject: Andrew Bird - Bowl Of Fire Newsltter #1

Do you guys know who specifically writes this newsletter?  I must say, it
was a nice, witty read! Very eloquently done.

Theresa.

>> The Issue #1 of the meticulously assembled chronicle of the Chicago band,
>> BOWL OF FIRE.
>> Assembled August 4, 1999.
>>
>> The Bowl of Fire Musical Group is embarking on  a tour of the United
>> States
>> of America.
>> Come see the tragic songs, the unintended antics, spot-on ditties, and
>> dangerous
>> drumming techniques.  Please spread the word to your friends in other
>> places!
>>  Tell all your friends in Denton especially.  It can be so lonely in
>> Texas.

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #183
*********************************

the-landing-digest      Thursday, August 12 1999      Volume 02 : Number 184

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: Fw: ordering the new BOF album.      [nicole blue ]
  Re: Fw: ordering the new BOF album.  ["theresa mccart"
Subject: Re: Fw: ordering the new BOF album.

Theresa, You are just a wealth of information!  LOL.  Thanks again, The
prices just keep get better.

Why did Mammoth drop Tom?  Just b/c he isn't with the zippers (GRRRRR)
doesn't mean he won't sell his music.

Nicole

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:59:26 -0400
From: "theresa mccart"

Yes, well  you see, we all must do our part to help strengthen the Canadian
economy. Even if it means trying to coerce Americans to buy American made
products from other countries!!! Spread the wealth....

Theresa.

>Theresa, You are just a wealth of information!  LOL.  Thanks again, The
>prices just keep get better.
>
>Why did Mammoth drop Tom?  Just b/c he isn't with the zippers (GRRRRR)
>doesn't mean he won't sell his music.
>
>Nicole

End of the-landing-digest V2 #184

No digest August 13 or 14