the-landing-digest     Sunday, September 12 1999     Volume 02 : Number 209

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  smoe problems                           [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 17:34:57 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: smoe problems

if you posted anything to the list in the last day or so and it bounced
back to you, please post it again. I forgot to tell eberyone that smor.org,
the people who run our list, were shut down sometime yesterday, so nothing
got through i guess.

Sorry about that! Things are a bit hectic for The Kid :)

By the way, I have 3 copies of that BOF album to give away for the Shrub,
so if you haven't gotten it yet and want to win it, go to
www.theshrubbery.com !!!

Jess
          *     --+-READ  THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
                http://www.theshrubbery.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #209
*********************************

the-landing-digest     Monday, September 13 1999     Volume 02 : Number 210

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  BOF                                                     [LitLpish9@aol.com]
  Re: BOF                               ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  pasta revelation                        [Jessica Brandt ]
  Re: BOF                             ["theresa mccart" ]
  Wow....                                                  [SNZfreak@aol.com]
  Re: Wow....                ["rev. bob pigeon" ]
  Re: BOF                                                [ProfPlum97@aol.com]

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 12:04:15 EDT
From: LitLpish9@aol.com
Subject: BOF

I went to their CD release concert thing.  It was AWESOME!!!!!  I can't
stress how wonderful they are!!!

*laura*

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:34:47 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: Re: BOF

>I went to their CD release concert thing.  It was AWESOME!!!!! I >can't
>stress how wonderful they are!!!

Can we have some details? I really wanted to go to that show.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 14:38:14 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: pasta revelation

Hey all, i finally saw that pasta commercial again...

It's Tavolo pasta. they use the beginning of the song "Feetlips" from the
new BOF CD. Now i'm gonna find out if the band sanctioned it or what...

In other BOF news, Andrea Troolin of Ryko (you might be familiar with her
if you visit the BOF message board on www.rykodisc.com) told me she has
left the label and is managing the band full time. that's great! Now that
they have a full-time manager, they can go places. it means they're moving
up in the world.

Andrea also inquired to me if i thought a little BOF fan network might be a
good idea. She asked if fans would want to help promote the band in their
area when they're coming to town...like, put up posters and call radio
stations and stuff...in return for free tix to shows and perhaps free CDs.
i said "hell yeah!" so look for her to present that idea to us sometime
soon. She also asked to be added to The Landing so she's here now! Watch
your mouths ;)

So that's the news so far. I emailed Kenny to ask if there's anything
interesting going on in SNZ land, so maybe we'll hear about something soon.
If not, just know that the band is going to be recording soon! yay!

everyone wake up and post, please!

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 15:29:37 -0400
From: "theresa mccart"

Laura!  Tickle us with some details please!!

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 17:34:36 EDT
From: SNZfreak@aol.com
Subject: Wow....

Whats up to all, haven't seen anyone posting in a while.

Well, I do have news on my part, the petition namely. I was gunna send it out
this past Friday, but couldnt find the addresses to send them to. If anyone
knows how to contact MTV, VH1, or any other Music Television station, MAIL
ME! Thanks a bunch!

~~G
George

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 18:10:48 -0400
From: "rev. bob pigeon"
Subject: Re: Wow....

>Well, I do have news on my part, the petition namely. I was gunna send it out
>this past Friday, but couldnt find the addresses to send them to. If anyone
>knows how to contact MTV, VH1, or any other Music Television station, MAIL
>ME! Thanks a bunch!

to contact mtv you have to go to times square and make a really big sign

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 22:58:54 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com

Bird and his Bowl will be playing the Viper Room on the 23d of September.
Anyone going? I'd hate to be alone

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #210
*********************************

the-landing-digest     Tuesday, September 14 1999     Volume 02 : Number 211

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #210    ["Sam ???" ]
  Re: pasta revelation  ["My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. ]
  Re: Wow....  ["My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare t]
  Jim on Hobex CD/Mammoth News.         ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  BOF at Viper Room                       [Jessica Brandt ]
  BOF                                                     [LitLpish9@aol.com]
  Viper Room                          ["theresa mccart" ]
  Re: BOF at Viper Room                                  [ProfPlum97@aol.com]

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:59:58 PDT
From: "Sam ???"
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #210

>Bird and his Bowl will be playing the Viper Room on the 23d of September.
>Anyone going? I'd hate to be alone

ok, i was just wondering if everyone (or most people) were from the same
area.  i'm from dallas myself... i'm just asking if you're gonna mention a
club or something, please say where it is.  thanks :)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:52:50 GMT
From: "My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Subject: Re: pasta revelation

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 14:38:14 -0500, you wrote:

>Andrea also inquired to me if i thought a little BOF fan network might be a
>good idea. She asked if fans would want to help promote the band in their
>area when they're coming to town...like, put up posters and call radio
>stations and stuff...in return for free tix to shows and perhaps free CDs.

HELL'S YEAH!

>i said "hell yeah!"

you forgot the 's

>so look for her to present that idea to us sometime
>soon. She also asked to be added to The Landing so she's here now! Watch
>your mouths ;)

um...HECK'S YEAH!

- -peter destructo
long island, ny...

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:55:02 GMT
From: "My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

On Sun, 12 Sep 1999 17:34:36 EDT, you wrote:

>Whats up to all, haven't seen anyone posting in a while.
>
>Well, I do have news on my part, the petition namely. I was gunna send it out
>this past Friday, but couldnt find the addresses to send them to. If anyone
>knows how to contact MTV, VH1, or any other Music Television station, MAIL
>ME! Thanks a bunch!

How many names did you get?

I think it would be really cool if just, one day, out of the blue,
hordes of SNZ fans showed up with gigantic posters for TRL. But short
of that, you can send the letter to

MTV Networks, Inc.
1515 Broadway [hence the title of the news show]
New York, NY 10036
ATTN:Network Programming

I don't know about VH1.

- -peter destructo

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:16:41 PDT
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: Jim on Hobex CD/Mammoth News.

we have an official release date! the new version of "back in the 90s" will
be released oct 19 on london records with new recordings of the songs
'groove baby,' 'windows,' and 'solaar,' new mixes of the songs 'i was
wrong,' 'back in the 90s,' and 'am i losing my mind,'and lovely new track
called 'the love that's inside.' there are also two bonus tracks: an
acoustic tune written by jimbo mathus of the squirrel nut zippers called
'stop startin' over' and an instrumental track called 'roundsteak rag' that
i wrote on slide dobro.

- -------------------------------------

Squirrel Nut Zippers:
*September 20: Check out Squirrel Nut Zippers concert webcast from
digital.yahoo.com.

Katharine Whalen's Jazz Squad:
Oct.  02  Carrboro, NC  The Artcenter.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:24:45 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: BOF at Viper Room

the viper room in LA is 21+

sucky.

Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:02:44 EDT
From: LitLpish9@aol.com

They played almost every song on Oh The Grandeur.  It was great.  They played
"Pathetique," which is the first time I heard it live....  Ahh..it was so
good.  They played the Greenland song, however, they did not show their
little video!!!  Oh well.  Umm...Kevin played the spoons, instead of the
washboard during "Cock o the Walk"  I asked him why after, and he said that
the washboard would have been too loud.  But he is a very excellent spoon
player.  :)  Maybe he could teach me....I've always been a bad spoon player.
If I think of anything else to add, I'll add it!!  :)  Oh, and Teresa- Josh
said he thinks they will be going to Montreal pretty soon.

*laura*

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 00:17:20 -0400
From: "theresa mccart"
Subject: Viper Room

What kind of bar is the Viper Room?  Rock?  All that I know it from is that
poor River Phoenix od'd there.

Theresa.

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 02:46:32 EDT
From: ProfPlum97@aol.com
Subject: Re: BOF at Viper Room

Bah.

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #211
*********************************

the-landing-digest    Wednesday, September 15 1999    Volume 02 : Number 212

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #211                           [SNZfreak@aol.com]
  pardon my ignorance...        [edward eichelberger ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #211  ["My name is Peter Destructo. You killed m]
  Re: pardon my ignorance...  ["My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my fa]
  Bowl of Fire                       ["grimsey records" ]
  BOF and other things                                   [DManco6702@aol.com]
  Re: pardon my ignorance...  ["rev. bob pigeon" ]
  BOF tour dates                     [Shaun Smakal ]
  and another thing...               [Shaun Smakal ]
  Re: pardon my ignorance...                             [ProfPlum97@aol.com]

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:04:45 EDT
From: SNZfreak@aol.com
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #211

<< I think it would be really cool if just, one day, out of the blue,
 hordes of SNZ fans showed up with gigantic posters for TRL. But short
 of that, you can send the letter to

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do that. I will if I can get
people to come with me. Carson would crap his pants, we could have the
biggest sign there. Not like they can take it away from us, I mean, we do
have a section on their page. So, if anyone is up for it in the near future,
MAIL ME!!

~~G

GEorGE

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:17:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward eichelberger
Subject: pardon my ignorance...

What's TRL and who's Carson?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:50:39 GMT
From: "My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:04:45 EDT, you wrote:

>I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do that. I will if I can get
>people to come with me. Carson would crap his pants, we could have the
>biggest sign there. Not like they can take it away from us, I mean, we do
>have a section on their page. So, if anyone is up for it in the near future,
>MAIL ME!!

I have absolutely no way of getting there. I live on Long Island; I
don't think my mom would even consider driving me, this is so totally
out in left field. If an opportunity arises, it would probably be
during winter break.

And we'd have to pick carefully which guest star appearance to
crash...

- -Peter Destructo
"Anything less would be... uncivilized." - Cave Guy, Right Guard
commercial (inside my head)

AOL IM: sgkoby  <-- good
ICQ: 48622775   <-- better
The trash heap has spoken. Nyeh!

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 19:51:14 GMT
From: "My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Subject: Re: pardon my ignorance...

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:17:29 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>What's TRL and who's Carson?

Ignorance truly is bliss...

Total Request Live is a show on MTV based on viewers' votes that
counts down the top ten videos every day. Carson Daly is the host.

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:21:44 -0400
From: "grimsey records"
Subject: Bowl of Fire

Hello all,

Andrea T from the Bowl of Fire contingent here.  As Jessica mentioned, I've
left Ryko to aspire to making the BOF the stars they deserve to be.

Since I was at the Record Release show I can give a pretty good rundown...
The band played a really great cross section of old and new songs, they
opened with one of my personal favorites, the Swedish Wedding March (from
Thrills), and they ended up playing a good deal of music from that album (50
pieces was incredible!  as was Minor Stab)  in addition to lots from Oh!
The Grandeur!  and a few new ones.

Here's a vague set-list, from what we can remember:

1st set:
Swedish Wedding March
Candy Shop
Dora Goes to Town
50 Pieces
Wishing for Contentment
Eugene
Pathetique
(What's Your) Angle
Tea and Thorazine
Minor Stab
Wait
Coney Island Shuffle

2nd set:
Respiration
Cock o' the Walk
Waiting to Talk
Head Soak
Too Long
Fatal Flower Garden
Idiot's Genius
Vidalia
Feetlips
Beware
After You've Gone
Confession
Depression Passillo

encore:
Dear Old Greenland
Bessa Me Mucho (I probably spelled this wrong)
El Cuarto De Tula

They had a special guest, Nora from the Chicago band the Blacks, who sang
harmonies on a few songs during the 2nd set, (Head Soak and a cover of
Mississippi Shakes "Too Long" were standouts)  Now of course I am biased as
I know and love the band so they are bound to get grand reviews from me, but
I must say that with every show they really seem to be getting better and
better.  I think the fall shows will be pretty incredible.

Seeing the band at the Old Town School of Folk Music was great, it is a
gorgeous sit down venue, and the sound was really amazing -  it was nice to
hear the subtlety and musicality of what they were doing instead of getting
doused with beer in some packed rock and roll club.  Though that is fun too
sometimes.  Apparently downbeat.com recorded the performance for an internet
broadcast at a  later date, so you will all be able to attend vicariously
later!  We'll keep you posted with that.

Apart from that, the BOF is getting ready to head out on the wide open road
to the west, so just in case any one is missing tour dates, check the
rykodisc site for further updates.  We're also planning stints to the
south/east and eastcoast throughout the course of the autumn.

We've been playing around with the idea of setting up BOF Reps in each town
that would help with postering, getting the word out about shows, flyers,
etc to help along the tour route.  We'd hook up people with spots on the
guest list or a CD for their troubles.  So if this seems like something that
people would be into, get in touch with me directly and I will try and start
coordinating this with some of the folks at Rykodisc.

OH! I almost forgot, the commercial for Tavalo is indeed band sanctioned,
Tavalo is an internet online gourmet store.  They fell in love with
Feetlips, and I must say the music works really perfectly in the commercial.

Well, that's all for now.
Oh yes! bowloffire.com coming soon, and along with that will be the ability
to order t-shirts and posters from the web-site.

Lastly, in related but not exclusively BOF news, there is a great poster art
exhibit at the Butcher shop on Lake Street in Chicago, we went on Sunday and
saw an amazing array of poster art including Chris Ware, Jay Ryan, and Steve
Walters who have all done art for the band.  Highly recommended show, though
I don't know how long it is going on ...

Best,
Andrea Troolin / grimsey records
www.grimsey.com
ANA D and Ibon from LE MANS on tour this fall!
Sept 24 - LA - Luna Park
Sept 25 - San Fran - The Make Out Room
Sept 27 - Chicago - The Hideout
Sept 28 - Minneapolis - Bryant Lake Bowl
Oct 1 - Boston - The Milky Way
Oct 2 - Wash DC - Galaxy Hut
Oct 3 - NYC - Fez

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:24:55 EDT
From: DManco6702@aol.com
Subject: BOF and other things

Hello, one and all.  I haven't written in a while but now feel moved to add
to the dialogue.  First, I want to say that I got "Oh! The Grandeur" a week
or two back and think it's truly fab.  To my mind definitely better than
"Thrills," which was no shabby CD in its own right.  But my praise for BOF's
new CD is unstinting.  The banjo/guitar/violin solos in "Dora Goes to Town"
alone make the CD a worthwhile purchase.

I wanted to go to their CD release show in Chicago this past weekend (I live
in Northern Indiana), but in order to save money and take care of important
business at home, I skipped it.  I probably shouldn't have.  Darn.

I did actually go see the Knock-Down Society in Memphis, Tennessee a couple
months back at the end of July and had a rope-a-dope time.  They played at a
tiny bar whose name now I can't recall, but it was a cool venue.  Before the
show started I was sitting at the bar with my girlfriend when Jimbo emerged
from some back room and ordered a beer.  No one else seemed to recognize him
but when he passed by I stopped, introduced myself, told him how I was a fan
of his work with the Zippers, Knock-Down Society, and Jazz Squad.  He was
appreciative and self-effacing and very friendly.

The North Mississippi All-Stars, featuring Luther and Cody Dickinson from
Gutbucket and the KDS, opened the show and were excellent.  They played
electric blues and performed one really riveting song which combined Robert
Johnson's "Preaching Blues" with the Mississippi Sheiks' "Sittin' On Top of
the World."

As the KDS were setting up I remembered that I had a camera in the car and so
asked Jimbo if he minded if I snapped photos of the band while they played.
"Knock yourself out," he kindly told me, after which I rushed to my car only
to discover that I'd left my camera in the hotel room.  I could have kicked
myself.

The KDS were excellent, though.  Their whole set was electric (after the show
I asked Jimbo if their next release would be exclusively electric and he said
it would be both acoustic and electric and would be long) and included a
handful of tunes off the "Rosetta" CD but consisted mostly of as-yet
unreleased stuff.  It was uniformly great, though.  The highlight for me was
their cover of Charley Patton's "Shake It and Break It," during which Jimbo
sang with the fervor of a revivalist preacher, "Everybody got a jelly roll!
All God's children got a jelly roll!"

At the end of the show Jimbo thanked "family and friends who came from near
and far" -- at which point he looked over at me and my girlfriend and nodded.
 So I guess now I'm Jimbo's friend.  Right on!  (This was a phrase Jimbo used
a lot, too, when I spoke with him.)

Anyhow, it was a great show, and the whole trip -- which included a journey
to Dyess, Arkansas, where Johnny Cash grew up, and Clarksdale, Mississippi,
not to mention the usual Memphis sights like Sun Studio and Graceland -- was
incredible.  I highly recommend a trip to the Memphis area, especially if one
of the Zipper-related bands is playing there.

Yours,
Dan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:02:43 -0400
From: "rev. bob pigeon"

At 12:17 PM 9/14/99 -0700, edward eichelberger wrote:
>What's TRL and who's Carson?

"The Real Life", main character named Carson (played by Nathan Lane)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:06:42 -0400
From: "rev. bob pigeon"
Subject: Re: Bowl of Fire

>Bessa Me Mucho (I probably spelled this wrong)

besame mucho!
cha cha cha!

>El Cuarto De Tula

is that a buena vista social club song?

>Oct 3 - NYC - Fez

anyone have info on the fez cafe, such as age requirements, pricings and
things like that?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 14 Sep 99 19:27:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: BOF tour dates

my 21st birthday is Oct. 1 and I am deeply hurt that BOF wont be in michigan!  actually it is pretty freaking upsetting that BOF doesnt schedule venues that would appropriately reflect michigan population dispersal.  Ever heard of lansing!?!?  they didnt put that bad jasper of a city in the middle of the state for nothing!

oh well i guess.  maybe ill get to hear them live before i die...

shaun

==
Impetus  (im'-pa-tas) [L. attack] n. the force with which a body moves; momentum; boost.

"The secret the government never wanted you to know.. SPAM IS PEOPLE!!!!" - Jay Leno

What's TRL and who's Carson? >>
Host of the Late Show,  previous Jay Leno.

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #212
*********************************

the-landing-digest    Thursday, September 16 1999    Volume 02 : Number 213

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  a clarification  / BOF dates       ["grimsey records" ]
  Re:  a clarification  / BOF dates  [Shaun Smakal ]
  Re:  a clarification  / BOF dates  [Shaun Smakal ]
  Re: BOF tour dates                    ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: BOF tour dates                 [Shaun Smakal ]
  Re: Bowl of Fire  ["My name is Peter Destructo. You killed my father. Prep]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #212    ["Sam ???" ]

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:22:23 -0400
From: "grimsey records"
Subject: a clarification  / BOF dates

Hello All.

Seems I have confused a few things ...
My signature line on my last post contained tour info for a few other bands
I work with, and I forgot that would be on there until I saw my post in the
digest.
Please note that these were not BOF dates, but dates for some Spanish
artists I work with as well.  . Of course you are still welcome to attend
but it won't be the BOF and I know that's why ya'll are reading this.

For clarification. here are the real BOF dates:
Denton, TX                    9/16     Rubber Glove
Austin, TX                      9/17     Stubb's BBQ (w/Leftover
Salmon)
Austin, TX                      9/18     Continental Club
Albuquerque, NM         9/20      Launch Pad
Phoenix, AZ                  9/21     Rhythm Room (w/Deke
                                        Dickerson + the Echo Fonics)
San Diego, CA             9/22     Casbah
Los Angeles, CA          9/23     Viper Room
San Francisco, CA       9/24     Elbo Room
San Francisco, CA       9/25     Elbo Room
San Jose, CA               9/26     Fuel ­ Sunday afternoon BBQ,
                                    doors at 4, show @ 4:45
Portland, OR               9/29   St John's Pub
Seattle, WA                 9/30   Break Room
Missoula, MT              10/1   UC COmmons

Sorry for the confusion. !!

Cheers,
Andrea

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 99 10:40:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal
Subject: Re:  a clarification  / BOF dates

My previous gripes still stand!  Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids suck (not really, great cities but theyre nowhere near most of the people in Michigan!)!  BOF come to MID-Michigan!

Shaun

==

Subject: Re: BOF tour dates

>my 21st birthday is Oct. 1 and I am deeply hurt that BOF wont be in
> >michigan!

My birthday is Oct 22 - and I just found out today they will be in DC on the
30th of October!!!! (and 2nd)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 99 12:12:59 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaun Smakal

aww man!  you suck!

still working on SNZ question.  maybe one of the last two will be a BOF question...

shaun

==

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:06:42 -0400, you wrote:

>>Oct 3 - NYC - Fez
>
>anyone have info on the fez cafe, such as age requirements, pricings and
>things like that?

And how to get in touch?

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:50:28 PDT
From: "Sam ???"
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #212

hahahaha.  i just think it's hilarious how everyone responded to 'pardon my
ignorance' with different answers to the same question.  i don't know why i
find that so funny, but i do.  ta :)

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #213
*********************************

the-landing-digest     Friday, September 17 1999     Volume 02 : Number 214

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  pardon my ignorance 2         [edward eichelberger ]

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 05:12:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: edward eichelberger
Subject: pardon my ignorance 2

  Thanks, by the way, to the people that actually responded to my
question with an intelligent answer.  As for the rest of you, well...
At least Sammy got a good laugh out of it.

- --- Sam ???  wrote:
> hahahaha.  i just think it's hilarious how everyone
> responded to 'pardon my
> ignorance' with different answers to the same
> question.  i don't know why i
> find that so funny, but i do.  ta :)

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #214
*********************************

the-landing-digest    Saturday, September 18 1999    Volume 02 : Number 215

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #214     ["Joshua Edwards" ]

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:12:59 PDT
From: "Joshua Edwards"
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #214

I was listening to the news in my car and I was just curioius, does anyone
know how our little zippers faired through floyd. On NPR they were naming
off all the cities in NC that were evacuated due to flooding, and
Carrborough was one of them. Just a little concerned I guess.

End of the-landing-digest V2 #215