the-landing-digest      Sunday, February 28 1999      Volume 02 : Number 038

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  MISSISSIPPI.                          ["Ryan Sargent" ]

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 07:37:50 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: MISSISSIPPI.

I found a wierd story about Jimbo going back to Mississippi. It's has
some up close pic's and a the story of how the Zipper made the Nut.
(click on the picture of jimbo to see more pics)
http://www.clarksdale.com/camel/camel13.html

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #38
********************************

the-landing-digest        Monday, March 1 1999        Volume 02 : Number 039

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: History                                             [CHAMICLOV@aol.com]
  Re: History                       [bob pigeon ]
  TV for march 1-7                        [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:41:36 EST
From: CHAMICLOV@aol.com
Subject: Re: History

isn't karl knopp on this list? hmmm......

~brown eyed girl~

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:19:07 -0500
From: bob pigeon

At 04:41 PM 2/28/99 EST, you wrote:
>isn't karl knopp on this list? hmmm......

i have a good friend named karl knoop
it makes me laugh

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 02:38:32 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: TV for march 1-7

Hey kats and kitties. Not much going on in the world of Zipperiffic TV this
week. Be sure to check out Monk on BRAVO monday night, if yer lucky enough
to have it. and all your trumpet people, be sure to check out Manyard
Feguson on Jazz Cantral thursday night.

SPECIAL TREAT: VH1 is showing a re-broadcast of the Zipper's hard rock live
show at 12:30AM SAT. MARCH 6. they only get about 10 mins of screen time,
but that's enough for them to at least knock our socks off with an
incredible rendition of "Hell" (among other songs, of course) So get them
VCRs revved up, and then let's discuss!

I'm not sure when "Ghost of Stephen Foster" is going to be on MTV (most
likely starting with 120 Mins)...they don't have next week's schedule up
yet. But all i've heard was that the vid is coming out in March...so you
know it, I will keep an eye out!

Anyway, as usual, all times here are eastern, ***** means "pick to click"
and if you have any q's, consult www.rockontv.com

MONDAY MARCH 1
3 pm on BRAVO (profile) Thelonius Monk*****

TUESDAY MARCH 2
3 am on BET (jazz central) performances from Billy Taylor, Javon Jackson,
Charlie Haden and more

WEDNESDAY MARCH 3
3 am on BET (jazz central) host: guitarist Kenny Burrell; featuring 	Duke
Ellington songs performed by Benny Green, Carol Welsman and 	David'Fathead'
Newman *****

THURSDAY MARCH 4
8 pm on FOX (30th ann. NAACP image awards) Among other things, Clapton pays
	tribute to BB King.
3 am on BET (jazz central) trumpeter Dimitri Matheny; performances from
Maynard Ferguson, Donald Byrd, Wynton Marsalis and more*****

FRIDAY MARCH 5
nothin. I suggest catching the "Where are they now?" with JETHRO TULL. hehe

SATURDAY MARCH 6
1:30 pm on CNN (science this week) For some reason they are interviewing
the 	Cherry poppin' Daddies. i think about MP3s???
12 am on VH1 (hard rock live) SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPERS ***** *****

SUNDAY MARCH 7
1:30 am on CNN (science this week) CPD interview again

Jess
          *      --+-READ THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
          http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #39
********************************

the-landing-digest       Tuesday, March 2 1999       Volume 02 : Number 040

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: History                                             [CHAMICLOV@aol.com]
  JACK FINE.                            ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  bbvd                          [Jacob A Storbeck ]
  from the mammoth mouth                  [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 15:55:05 EST
From: CHAMICLOV@aol.com

maybe that's who i'm thinking of, bob, from your web page! damn, i'm good. i
never forget a name;-)

~brown eyed girl~

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 13:42:35 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: JACK FINE.

Does anybody know if jack fine is the official trumpet for Bowl of
Fire???? I swear i've heard of him before andrew.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:40:49 -0600
From: Jacob A Storbeck
Subject: bbvd

hey did ya'll here about bbvd at the democratic saxaphone group or
whatever it's called, with the pres.
seems like everybody is kissing up to him.
Not me!!

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 22:36:31 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: from the mammoth mouth

Hey there. Courtney posted the following info, but apparently she doesn't
know how to work her e-mail machine, so it bounced ;) Here it is, however:

March 23rd - Stacy Guess "Legacy"
*note-Stacy Guess was one of the original trumpet players in the
Squirrel Nut Zippers. Stacy passed away last year due to a heroin
overdose and Mammoth is putting out this compilation of bands he
played in over the years to raise money for a scholarship foundation in his
name.  On the compilation are such bands Stacy performed with like:
The Pressure Boys, Squirrel Nut Zippers(unreleased tracks), Sex Police,
Venus Flytrap Girls, Soma and Kismet.

May 25th - Katherine Whalen's Jazz Squad - first solo record from the
Squirrel Nut Zippers banjo and singer Katherine Whalen.  This
is a must have and let me tell all you fans of Billie Holiday, there's
life after death!

May 25th - Dirty Dozen"Buck Jump" - Mammoth loves jazz!! yet another
release for 1999.  This isthe newest from New Orleans legacy jazz
group the Dirty Dozen.  Their are notes on this that would make Duke
Ellingtons bands flip! Straight ahead jazz with some cool beats.  Fans of
Modeski Martin and Wood as well as Isotope 217 should dig

>From jess and Court-nay
          *      --+-READ THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
          http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #40
********************************

the-landing-digest      Wednesday, March 3 1999      Volume 02 : Number 041

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Katherine Whalen's Jazz Squad              [Chris Etzel ]

Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:02:02 +0000
From: Chris Etzel
Subject: Katherine Whalen's Jazz Squad

WOOHOO!!!

**doin' the happy dance**

<>

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #41
********************************

Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:02:02 +0000
From: Chris Etzel

WOOHOO!!!

**doin' the happy dance**

<>

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #41
********************************

the-landing-digest        Friday, March 5 1999        Volume 02 : Number 043

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  re:andrew bird                          [Jessica Brandt ]
  Bowl of Fire                            [Dawn Carr ]
  Kat                           [Jacob A Storbeck ]

Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:14:03 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: re:andrew bird

wow ryan, thanks for that tip on Bird's tour dates.

April 2nd at the Cat's Cradle....reason #500 why i need to go to Chapel
Hill for my spring break. Can you imagine? Holy moly...just THINK of who
will be in the crowd!

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 08:59:47 -0500
From: Dawn Carr
Subject: Bowl of Fire

Yup, I'm going.
They do one helluva show.
I hope Shatner is opening!
~D.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 10:27:22 -0600
From: Jacob A Storbeck
Subject: Kat

ok.  I've heard 2 things about Kat's CD.
let's get this straight.  Is it April, or May 25th Like I first heard.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #43
********************************

the-landing-digest       Saturday, March 6 1999       Volume 02 : Number 044

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  FW: MBK                [Dishon Gerald Robert ]
  HARD ROCK                             ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  HARD ROCK LIVE                        ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: HARD ROCK LIVE              [Matthew Fisken ]
  Re: HARD ROCK LIVE                [bob pigeon ]

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:16:01 -0500
From: Dishon Gerald Robert
Subject: FW: MBK

I saw the Mighty Blue Kings in concert last summer in Des Moines (home
away from college).  Very good laid-back group out of Chicago (I think).
I have two of their albums.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:55:34 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: HARD ROCK

I lost the t.v. listings...when is SNZ on hard rock live????

And does anybody know ANDREW BIRD's new albums release date????

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 11:56:50 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: HARD ROCK LIVE

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:38:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Matthew Fisken
Subject: Re: HARD ROCK LIVE

Tomorrow night! Don't miss it! I'll be making an audio recording of it,
and probably making some MP3s of the songs, which I can post on the net
for people to download if they, like me, value hearing the zippers live
stuff as much as they do seeing them. Also, I heard the track off the
IMMORTAL soundtrack (Danny Diamond) and it is very good. Definitely old
school Zippers. If you can't justify spending $15 for one good song, then
i might be able to hook you up with an MP3 of it, assuming you don't stay
within copyright laws. later dudes.

Matty J.

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:33:44 -0500
From: bob pigeon

At 11:56 AM 3/5/99 PST, you wrote:
>I lost the t.v. listings...when is SNZ on hard rock live????

tomorrow night

>And does anybody know ANDREW BIRD's new albums release date????

no

End of the-landing-digest V2 #44