the-landing-digest       Sunday, March 21 1999       Volume 02 : Number 056

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  official page update                    [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 13:03:11 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: official page update

There's a few updates on www.snzippers.com

In an nutshell: the official release date of Kat's album, mention of the
other solo albums, Ken praises the new BFF album, Jim scored the title song
for the new Mickey Mouse cartoon, look for the new video...and other stuff.
go there now!

Jess
          *      --+-READ THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
          http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #56
********************************

I don't have digest #57

the-landing-digest       Tuesday, March 23 1999       Volume 02 : Number 058

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: More on Swingtime                [Peter Destructo ]
  TV, mickey mouse, and Stacy Guess       [Jessica Brandt ]

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:14:13 -0500
From: Peter Destructo
Subject: Re: More on Swingtime

bob pigeon wrote:
> i think it would be different if the snz wrote a song called "Mmmm Pentium
> Chip!" for the commercial, but all they really did was make some money off
> the song...it's not really selling out if they didn't compromise their
> artistic integrity
> right?

I agree.

See also:
Gap commercials

- - Peter Destructo
"Uh... Winston tastes good! Like a cigarette should!" -Fred Flintstone

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 01:04:55 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: TV, mickey mouse, and Stacy Guess

first off, no good TV this week. Nothing even worth mentioning.

Secondly, I mailed the good folks at "www.mickey-mouse.com" and inquired on
the name of any "new Mickey Mouse cartoon". If you checked
www.snzippers.com, you'd have seen that the Zips just finished recording
music for this cartoon, which jimbo scored. The Mouse people told me that
there's a few micky projects coming up:

Fantasia 2000 (doubt this features SNZ music but ya never know)
"the spirit of mickey II" or "mickey's shorts" (perhaps)
an "unannounced" short (he doesn't know the name) which i am guessing
features the Zipper music. Perhaps it will be accompanying the new Disney
animation feature, Tarzan.

Last, but not least, here's the track list and info on the new Stacy Guess
tribute album, straight from www.mammoth.com:

Painter, poet, philosopher, and musician--Stacy Guess was all of
these things and more to those who knew him, and his death on
March 11, 1998 after struggling with drug addiction was an incredible
loss to both the Chapel Hill community and the music world at large.
In his short life, Stacy mastered a variety of musical styles and
instruments always with the same fervor and passion. His early work
in the mid-eighties was with the widely acclaimed pop band The
Pressure Boys. He went on to join the Squirrel Nut Zippers,
playing trumpet on their first album, the 1995 sleeper hit The
Inevitable Squirrel Nut Zippers, and played with them until his
departure in 1996. His final days were spent with the underground
groups, Soma and Venus Flytrap Girls.

Legacy, the collection of Stacy's performances assembled by his two
friends and former bandmates, Tom Maxwell (Squirrel Nut Zippers)
and John Plymale (The Pressure Boys and Sex Police), contains some
of Stacy's more well-known projects, as well as the more avant garde
side of Stacy that the average music fan might not have experienced.
All of the projects on this collection have become critically acclaimed
in the Chapel Hill area (Soma and Venus Flytrap Girls) while some
have attained national (The Pressure Boys and Sex Police) and even
international (Squirrel Nut Zippers) attention. The two Squirrel Nut
Zippers songs featured on this collection were previously only
available on limited edition collector's items.

Besides paying homage to a very gifted musician, Legacy will raise
money for a scholarship established by Stacy's parents. Such a
scholarship will guarantee funds for a rising college freshman whose
accolades and passion for music most exemplify Stacy's own spirit.
All proceeds from the sale of Legacy will benefit this scholarship and
insure that Stacy's spirit is not soon forgotten.

TRACK LISTING:

  Stacy Guess: Intro
  Squirrel Nut Zippers: "The Puffer"
  Squirrel Nut Zippers: "Bedlam Ballroom"
  Stacy Guess: "Untitled"
  Soma: "Glass is Empty"
  Soma: "Buddha"
  Pressure Boys: "Pete"
  Pressure Boys: "Waiting in Queensland"
  Sex Police: "Speedball"
  Sex Police: "Summertime"
  Venus Flytrap Girls: "Addison"
  Venus Flytrap Girls: "And It Comes"
  Kismet: "Mariner's Trench"
  Chris Stamey & Kirk Ross: "Puzzle"
  Stacy Guess & Margaret White: "Tone Clouds"

You can read more on stacy by going here:
http://www.mammoth.com/mammoth/artist_info.html?id=sguess&ecd=undefined

where you can also find out about his memorial fund.

You can now buy the album in stores (good luck!) or online at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000I8J0/theshrubberyezin

I haven't recieved my copy yet, but it's on the way! I am really excited to
hear "The Puffer"!!!! Also what else stacy has to offer.

Dates to remember:
April somedayoranother, "Stephen Foster" vid on MTV
April 27, new Ben Folds Five album w/Zippers horns
May 25 katherine Whalen's Jazz Squad album
May 25 New Dirty Dozen album

That's all kiddos.

Oh, anyone want to do the TV list next sunday when i'm out of town? email me.

Jess
          *      --+-READ THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
          http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #58
********************************

the-landing-digest      Wednesday, March 24 1999      Volume 02 : Number 059

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: TV, mickey mouse, and Stacy Guess  [kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destruct]
  Riverwalk.                            ["Ryan Sargent" ]

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:19:22 GMT
From: kobyc@softhome.net (Peter Destructo)
Subject: Re: TV, mickey mouse, and Stacy Guess

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 01:04:55 -0500, you wrote:

>Fantasia 2000 (doubt this features SNZ music but ya never know)
>"the spirit of mickey II" or "mickey's shorts" (perhaps)
>an "unannounced" short (he doesn't know the name) which i am guessing
>features the Zipper music. Perhaps it will be accompanying the new Disney
>animation feature, Tarzan.

Could be Mouseworks, the new series of Mickey shorts.

|                 Peter Destructo                       |
|     2, 4, 6, 8, get your woman on the floor.          |
- --------------------------------------------------------|
| http://members.xoom.com/pdestructo - the ghost quasar |
| space ghost reviewed links, images, fanfic, icons     |

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:23:39 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: Riverwalk.

Just want to tell everyone to try and find where the radio show
"Riverwalk; live from the landing" is playing in your area. It's a
really good Hot jazz/dixieland live show every sunday from 10pm - 11pm.
Go to http://www.riverwalk.org/ for more info. This sunday coming up the
show is called "Stompin' at the Savoy: A Riverwalk swing party" with the
Jim cullon jazz band & friends.(The Jim Cullon jazz band is like Scott
Black's Hot Horns with a SATCHMO's ALL-STARS twist...which they do alot
of covers of.)

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #59
********************************

the-landing-digest      Thursday, March 25 1999      Volume 02 : Number 060

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re:  Riverwalk           ["SHAUN SMAKAL" ]
  Bad Businessman          ["SHAUN SMAKAL" ]
  Re: Riverwalk                         ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: Riverwalk                      [Dali A Lama ]

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:44:03 +0000
From: "SHAUN SMAKAL"
Subject: Re:  Riverwalk

Is that the river walk in San Antonio, TX, or is there another river
walk?

Smakal

P.S.  the Immortal soundtrack still really sounds great!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:45:54 +0000
From: "SHAUN SMAKAL"
Subject: Bad Businessman

This tune's about a heroin dealer right?  Does it have anything to do
with what Guess was goin thru?  Did the Zippers know about his
problem?

Smakal

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:00:44 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"

>Is that the river walk in San Antonio, TX?

Yes it is...and you can go there and see them monday-sunday (which is
when the show is recorded.) http://www.riverwalk.org/

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:15:19 -0600
From: Dali A Lama

The one in San Antonio.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #60
********************************

the-landing-digest       Friday, March 26 1999       Volume 02 : Number 061

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Europe                   ["SHAUN SMAKAL" ]
  LEGACY                                ["Ryan Sargent" ]
  Re: the-landing-digest V2 #57 hot jazz  [Princess Deception ]

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:59:46 +0000
From: "SHAUN SMAKAL"
Subject: Europe

anybody know how the zippers are doing in europe?  they've toured
there before--will they do it again?

smakal

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:50:46 PST
From: "Ryan Sargent"
Subject: LEGACY

Has anyone here got their copy of LEGACY yet???? I'm still waiting for
mine.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:29:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Princess Deception
Subject: Re: the-landing-digest V2 #57 hot jazz

hi, my name is kendra and i am new to this lis and i
just wanted to say hello.  "Hello!"

in cleveland, on 91.1 wrw on  tuesday mornings, there
is this show called " your father's oldmobile"  its a
really neat show and you can call and request any of
your favorite hits from the 20s-40s.  also sun nights
from 10- 12, there is this show called "duke's place"
and all they play is , you guessed it, duke ellington
stuff. there is also another radio station, i think it
is 89.7 that plays a lot of cool jazz throughout the
day.

===
 "You never know when an old calendar might come in handy!  Sure, it's not 1985 right now, but who knows what tomorrow will bring?"- Homer Simpson

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:32:11 -0500
From: Jessica Brandt
Subject: Vote for SNZ!

On the GQ qebsite (Gentleman's Quarterly, a magazine) they have their polls
open for "man of the year."

Well there's tons of categories (vote Dave Foley for Best comedy Actor!)
and in The Best Badn category, SNZ is one of the choices!

So go to www.gq.com and vote. once you get there, go to "GQ Connects" then
"Select GQ's men of the year" and you have to fill out a little info to get
started. it only takes 5 mins. max.

Hey, if we all vote, that's at least 100 votes for them....

Jess
          *      --+-READ THE SHRUBBERY-+--        *
          http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com
     --New Every Month- -Humor, Music, News and More--

------------------------------

End of the-landing-digest V2 #61
********************************

the-landing-digest      Saturday, March 27 1999      Volume 02 : Number 062

                               Today's Subjects:
                               -----------------
  Re: Vote for SNZ!             [Jacob A Storbeck ]

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:09:50 -0600
From: Jacob A Storbeck
Subject: Re: Vote for SNZ!

You mean band?
Not badn.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

End of the-landing-digest V2 #62