2009-2010 Academic Year
The Accounting Internship Program is open to Junior and Senior declared accounting majors and Masters of Accounting students with at least a 3.0 Accounting GPA at the beginning of the internship semester. Undergraduate accounting majors must have completed ACCT 23020 and ACCT 23021 (or equivalent) and have completed at least ACCT 33001 and ACCT 33014 at the beginning of the internship semester. Masters of Accounting students must have completed ACCT 33012 and 33010 (or equivalent) by the beginning of the semester of internship.
All internships must be at least 300 hours and must be approved by the internship coordinator (Dr. Zucca) prior to the beginning of the internship. Qualified interns will receive 3 hours of credit upon completion of the internship and course requirements. The internship course is graded S/U.
If you are interested in seeking an internship for Spring 2010 or Summer 2010, you need to start working on your resume now! On campus interviews start on October 5, 2009. You can find important information on this website, or you can contact the internship coordinator (Dr. Linda Zucca) here. Some of the files on this website are provided in pdf format and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access them. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge; if you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer (or have problems accessing some of these files), you can download it here.
Things to do this summer:
1. Work on your resume. If you need help, contact Career Services or Dr. Zucca . Your resume must be critiqued by Career Services before you can submit it online. Contact Career Services for available counseling times.
2. Complete the Student Information Form which is available through the links on the right.
3. Sign up with Career Services now and submit your (critiqued) resume and Student Information form. You can link to Career Services here.
4. Provide Dr. Zucca with a printed copy of your resume and your Student Information form in 566 BSA no later than Monday, September 14 at noon.
5. Look through the Schedule of Events for Fall 2009 and mark your calendar!
Meet the Accountants Night is on 9.17.09. See the link at the right for more information.